1 of 1
new old bands that
Posted: 11 December 2005 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2005-12-10

suck:(  Why is it that most times when any old great band finds out that they have fans via the internet they get all stoked, and then reform.  I can’t think of one instance when the reformed band has been better then they we’re in their original youthful state.  They are usually terrible, and don’t at all understand what had orginally made them good, and why people are tracking down there records.  Anyway, wanted to know if other people think these bands should reform or they should just let history speak for itself.

obscure,

p.s. on a side not it saddens me that new order now sing joy division songs at their concerts:(

Posted: 11 December 2005 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2005-12-07

shit Id see some that I never saw because I was 5 at the time…maybe mention some bands..new order .heard bauhaus sounded ggrreeaattt.id like to see a lot of bands just because i never have…

Signature 

NO USER SERVICABLE PARTS INSIDE

Posted: 11 December 2005 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2005-12-08

Perhaps it is… that the ones who make the music are the most critical of it, and then try too hard to perfect what might already be perfect in others eyes… or ears in this case wink

Posted: 11 December 2005 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2005-12-01

Obscure, in a sense I have to agree, but then you just gotta realize it’s been a long time.  Those people have usually changed so much.  It is odd however that they sometimes choose to reform the group while abandoning the earlier methods, and expect people to respond well.  I suppose they’re just being fearless in the way that they were in the past, putting themselves out there for what it’s worth.

Posted: 20 December 2005 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

Most of these bands were comprised of kids when they put out their material years ago.  With age comes a change in perspective, and an ability to “play” your instrument.  Also in the case of electronic bands they more than likely sold off their MS-20s and Wasps, and have now had to replace them with Tritons and MS2000’s.

Posted: 20 December 2005 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2005-12-13

zeitgeist?

i think that the spirit of our time, ‘zeitgeist’, is so different from that of early 80’s and that reflects in music. take a listen to almost any obscure minimal synth band, which recorded their unsofisticated primitive music on 2-channel-recorders in their kitchen 25 years ago - and they are all magical! i have talked with some of my musical heroes personally and aked them - how did they manage to make such hypnotic and beautifull music without any musical knowledge or technology and he couldn’t answer. the truth is, i believe, that ‘the times’ were right. and today, times are shitty. so, no matter how skilled a musician is today, or were 25 years ago, his music somehow reflects the quality and spirit of our times. you can’t escape that… if you disagree, just try today to make something as simple and beautifull as your favourite minimal-synth anthem from ages ago…

Posted: 21 December 2005 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

I agree 100% with you alone… btw do you know Nikola Vitkovic from Beograd?

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 30 December 2005 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2005-12-13

hey hey spartak
i am nikola vitkovic, ha ha…
and you are?...
let’s not go offtopic
you can contact me on .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 30 December 2005 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

ha, sorry to get personal wink

My name & city hold a clue grin

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 19 March 2006 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2006-03-18

Having seen very good reunion/come back gigs by TG, Fad Gadget (rip) and Portion Control I have to disaggree.

Signature 

Brian Eno sank my battleship

Posted: 20 March 2006 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

How is the “new” Portion Control?  I’ve got a few of their old albums and like them quite a bit.

Attrition came through town last year and put on an really underwhelmng show.  I was able to get in for free, if I had paid money I would have been really disappointed.

Posted: 20 March 2006 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2006-03-18

Their sound has changed considerably. You’ll find traces of the things that have happened musically over the last 20 odd years since they made “Psycho Bod Saves The World”. Traces of Solar Enemy are also present, but on the EP Stansted from last year they returned back to their old sound ( “Chew you to bits”). They show a lot of skill. Not a bad album at all,” Well Come”. it has EBM, Minimal, techno and soundscapelike tracks on it.
In the very near future they will release the Archivebox with their complete backcatalogue and a new album is in the making.
I found their gig at Antwerpen on of the more interesting gigs that I have seen in 2004.

Signature 

Brian Eno sank my battleship

1 of 1

das catch 22 = the reissue      |     Track ID ››