Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04

This is really cool!
Long live tape culture!  :D :D

http://www.firebox.com/product/1700?src_t=wnw&currency_conversion=1

p1700ex5.jpg

“Audio cassettes were great in their day, weren’t they? Taping stuff off the radio, compiling party mixes, C60s, C90s, er, reeling in mangled tape using a pencil, forgetting what side you were supposed to be rewinding, accidentally recording over your favourites…actually, on second thoughts, tapes were a bit rubbish.

The trouble is you’ve probably got several boxfuls of cassettes filled with precious recordings languishing in the cupboard. And that’s why you need the ingenious Plus Deck.

This back to the future bit of kit is a full logic, front-loading cassette deck that can convert, edit and play tapes on your PC. Once you’ve hooked up the Plus Deck you can rediscover the music and sounds you grew up with in MP3 format, archive your collection, or simply use it to play tapes on your computer.”

....and it’s not expensive either!

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

Posted: 16 January 2007 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2005-12-04

That’s fantastic!

Signature 

D’un sillon l’autre…

Posted: 16 January 2007 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

Carlo, you’re a star!

This fits neatly in my plans - ie. to take all my rare, sometimes unique, cassette recordings and burn’em to CD-R with minimum of fuzz - and almost as neatly in my budget. I think the only tape deck I can find in any hifi shop in Oslo costs three times what this one does. (Previously i’ve solved this with borrowing a deck, but it feels kinda stupid not owning the correct player for the music you collect…)

I am soo getting one of these. Thanks for the tip!

Posted: 17 January 2007 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-04

[quote author=“reactorlgtn”]Carlo, you’re a star!

This fits neatly in my plans - ie. to take all my rare, sometimes unique, cassette recordings and burn’em to CD-R with minimum of fuzz - and almost as neatly in my budget. I think the only tape deck I can find in any hifi shop in Oslo costs three times what this one does. (Previously i’ve solved this with borrowing a deck, but it feels kinda stupid not owning the correct player for the music you collect…)

I am soo getting one of these. Thanks for the tip!

I want a copy of some of that good stuff LOL

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2007 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2006-04-10

good stuff but useless if you have the real vintage things : a tape recorder/reader, a stereo mini-jack cable and a computer with a simple stereo line in.  :wink:  rolleyes  :twisted:  :idea:

Posted: 18 January 2007 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

True, although on the other hand

1. Some old k7 decks are unreliable after years and years of use and gathering dust
2. Like I said, I’ve only borrowed a recorder, I dont have one which is MINE (and like most collectors, owning stuff is kind of a fetisch…) grin

And Carlo, of course I’ll send you stuff, we’ll sort out what you have and not.

cheerio.

Posted: 18 January 2007 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-04

[quote author=“reactorlgtn”]True, although on the other hand

1. Some old k7 decks are unreliable after years and years of use and gathering dust
2. Like I said, I’ve only borrowed a recorder, I dont have one which is MINE (and like most collectors, owning stuff is kind of a fetisch…) grin

And Carlo, of course I’ll send you stuff, we’ll sort out what you have and not.

cheerio.

Great! I can’t wait!

Signature 

Posted: 18 January 2007 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

These are the same people who made the USB turntable.  I’ve heard good reviews of the turntable by people who don’t really know how to hook their stereo up to a computer. 

All I do is take a line out from my stereo and go into a Sound Blaster and rip everything that way.

Posted: 05 March 2007 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2005-12-08

Holy Bananas! I need to get one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be nice to convert some songs I did that are on tape into digital format.

1 of 1

Roland SH 1      |     Refurbishing Covers & Vinyl ››