Posted: 08 February 2007 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

press release from Mute Records:

======================================================
// Mute Audio Documents Box Set Out on 26th March 2007

128 tracks over 10 CDs, Mute Audio Documents is a unique insight into the musical development of the label and its artists, highlighting the influence, the success and, most importantly, the great music produced since its inception in 1978.

Mute Audio Documents is a collection of Mute’s single releases from 1978 to 1984 and includes the first 4 double CD volumes of an ongoing series plus a 2 CD rarities album exclusive to the box set. The series will feature all the A-side and B-side single tracks released by Mute in addition to album tracks by the artists for whom there were only album releases.

Volume 1 1978 - 1981
Featuring: The Normal, Fad Gadget, Silicon Teens, D.A.F., Non, Robert Rental, Depeche Mode, Boyd Rice and Smegma.

Volume 2 1982
Featuring: Non, Depeche Mode, Fad Gadget, Die Doraus Und Die Marinas, Yazoo and Liaisons Dangereuses.

Volume 3 1983
Featuring: Depeche Mode, Duet Emmo, Robert Görl, Yazoo, Fad Gadget, The Assembly and The Birthday Party.

Volume 4 1984
Featuring: Einstürzende Neubauten, Fad Gadget, Robert Görl, Depeche Mode, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, I Start Counting, Bruce Gilbert, Boyd Rice and Frank Tovey.

2 CD Set Rarities
CD 1 Featuring: The Normal & Robert Rental, Boyd Rice and Fad Gadget
CD 2 Featuring: Depeche Mode, Yazoo and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Full track listings are available at the Mute web site.

web: http://www.mute.com/allNews.jsp?newsParentId=11&topItemId=8374943

//

======================================================

I strongly suspect that all the Depeche Mode “rarities” have been remastered and reissued before, I don’t remember exactly which live tracks are available, but the Yazoo stuff includes some BBC sessions and live tracks that look promising…

-And of course, the early Mute singles are great for a CD comp, as most of the stuff is brilliant!

Posted: 09 February 2007 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04

NICE!
But I wonder how much it will be.
I don’t really like spending loads of money on cd’s
But is sounds GREAT!

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

Posted: 10 February 2007 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2006-02-03

I find it cheap and very typical for the status of the music industry today… “culturele armoede” we call it in Dutch… they have nothing good and new to release and need to earn some money to pay their bills… so they serve you some cheap archive material which has no value at all… very cheap indeed!

Posted: 10 February 2007 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

Well, yes.

On the other hand, if it wasn’t for exactly this “culturele armoed”, none of us would be sitting around listening to 25 years old music!

Posted: 11 February 2007 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2006-02-03

[quote author=“reactorlgtn”]Well, yes.

On the other hand, if it wasn’t for exactly this “culturele armoed”, none of us would be sitting around listening to 25 years old music!

I totally disagree… you did not get the point I was trying to make…

For me there is a lot of difference between releasing “old” music that was never seen the light before on a good format / edition and cheaply exploiting semi-rare material like many big labels do…. because they have nothing of real value and interest to release… this mute box is an example of the last in my opinion…

1 of 1