1 of 3
Cheap Transparent Illusion
Posted: 11 July 2009 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2005-12-10

June 22, 2009

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230351125265&viewitem;=&salenotsupported;
June 30, 2009

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230351378925&viewitem;=&salenotsupported;
————————————————————————————————————————-

In an ideal world with real minimal synth standards this record would be a $750 to $1000 record anytime it is on ebay.  It is one of the best, if not the best U.K. 7”.  But since there are hardly any minimal synth collectors, and everyone already has it, now that is not the case.

Posted: 11 July 2009 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2005-12-05

I don’t feel that the seller is too reliable:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230350648447

He’s posting the same 7” time after time, like Cyndi, just trying to raise the price. Check his feedback for the above mentioned item.

I still look for this 7”, so at least one minimal synth collector hasn’t got it…yet!

Posted: 11 July 2009 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

Fortunately you’re not the only one that sets the standard obscure. Although i have to say you have done your fair share of record inflation.

It’s a nice single but certainly not in my uk 7” top 5. I’ll snap one up when it reaches sub 30 territory LOL

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 12 July 2009 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2007-05-15

...Hmmm…any relatives overseas obscure?

Posted: 12 July 2009 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

The single includes two songs that are on the LP, which is to say, if you have the LP, it’s a lot of money for no music at all.

With a collection your size, I can’t see why you find it necessary to have the same music in several places.

I had a period in the nineties where I’d collect Kraftwerk pressings, the same LP made in Holland, France, Germany, UK, US, Sweden, India… Thankfully I got out of that quagmire and started collecting MUSIC again! grin

Posted: 12 July 2009 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2005-12-10

Jens,

Like Cyndi :?:

I’m surprised you don’t have it.

I think the lowest price out of the ones that just sold is still to expensive for you though. smile

A 4.99 pound Buy It Now is more your style :wink:

Spartak,

Did you see the Dark White go recently for $130.00 :?:
I bought my copy five years ago for $830 :!:
$700 less than five years ago.  I think that is called deflation :wink:
I could keep listing records if you want, but I think that is an effective
example.

Not in your uk top 5 :?: :!: :o

Now I am convinced you are not a minimal synth collector, and that you just like to dilly dally on forums all day :?
Your opinion on the Stranger Station unreleased material made you somewhat questionable :?: , and the fact that you had no dutch minimal synth records made you even more suspicious :?: , but now I think it is clear that any of your posts should be taken with more than a grain of salt LOL

Oystein,

I can’t believe you just said what you said :o

The artwork is different on the 7”.
The sound quality is different on the 7”.
The experience of playing the 7” is different than the LP. 

This is definitely one of the best minimal synth 7"s, and how often are you going to put the LP on and drop the needle to just those two songs, and then pick it up again.  Never.  It is a totally different musical experience, and item altogether :!:

According to your own logic then no one should buy the Maskindans double CD that you just released, because according to what you just said there is technically no music on it.  Most of the tracks have seen prior release, and therefore what it amounts to in your opinion is a piece of merchandising that is not worthy of purchase.  That seems like a very conflicted viewpoint in my opinion considering you spent years working on it. :?

Anyway, Oystein don’t play games.  I know you have every variation of every Pet Shop Boys CD/record in existence. :wink:

obscure

Posted: 12 July 2009 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2005-12-05

Stephen,

Like Cyndi - Yeah, Cyndi Lauper (Time after Time)  :wink:

I’m surprised you don’t have it. - Well, I have the LP but I still look for some records, there amongst the TI 7”...

I think the lowest price out of the ones that just sold is still to expensive for you though.  - Based on my economy or my sanity?  :?

A 4.99 pound Buy It Now is more your style - Sure is!  :D

Posted: 12 July 2009 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

[quote author=“obscure”]Not in your uk top 5 :?: :!: :o

Now I am convinced you are not a minimal synth collector, and that you just like to dilly dally on forums all day :?
Your opinion on the Stranger Station unreleased material made you somewhat questionable :?: , and the fact that you had no dutch minimal synth records made you even more suspicious :?: , but now I think it is clear that any of your posts should be taken with more than a grain of salt LOL

That’s correct. And your reasoning is brilliant as ever.
Where did i say i have no dutch minimal synth records?  Or did you deduct that from those two “examples” ?
FYI I do not throw around with big bucks on ebay. How hard is it to shell out and get that rare item? I’m very glad for you to have that kind of bucks lying around to spend on a collection that obviously defines your ego.

Apparently your job doesnt suffice in that. It does seem to generate a pretty decent amount of money to maintain your precious hobby though.
We might have a serious case of clientism here :oops:
I hope you just have a rich daddy.

So can we now get back to talk about music in a normal way without petty ad hominem argumentation? I’m sorry about my little joke in the previous post, obviously that was too much frivolism to ask for.

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 13 July 2009 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03
[quote author=“Spartak”]So can we now get back to talk about music in a normal way without petty ad hominem argumentation?

Noo, I guess I’m going to be petty too.

Stephen,

If the sound quality is different to that of the LP, and it’s not just plain ol’ WORSE on the single, then I can understand how some would need both. And if you’re a collector of graphic arts, fine, of course, by all means, get records so you can look at the covers.

For me though, I’ve just discovered that the world is so big that I can’t have all the good music that’s ever been made in my home, since Ì only have limited space for my collection. So getting all the music I need in just ONE official format seems to me a logical way to downsize. I even stopped searching for the iron curtain vinyls after I got the CD. (I’m sure I’ll regret telling you this, as it probably proves I’m not really a collector, but there you go, truth first is how my mother raised me wink)

As for the attack on Maskindans, it doesn’t quite fit the bill; by your own account, “most of the tracks” have seen prior release - I counted now and I think there’s around a dozen which feature here as unreleased versions or unreleased tracks, and another couple which were released in so poor sound quality that people who owned the original might consider the comp for that reason alone. Not even mentioning the extremely rare tracks that neither you or Jörg (let alone mortals who eat and sleep on occasion - like Spartak) have on original cassettes, or the unveiling of fascinating new info in the booklet, or the beauty of the band pictures and general packaging. So there.

And you certainly seem fixated with my Pet shop boys collection, Steve - isn’t it time you admit you’re a fan too and start collecting them?  :wink:

Posted: 13 July 2009 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2005-12-02

I just mailed with Roy Young, he moved from Haverhill to Suffolk, he will DJ at my wedding party and he will release “Chagrin Receiver” on an obscure Belgian label :D

Posted: 13 July 2009 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2005-12-14
[quote author=“chevalier”]I just mailed with Roy Young, he moved from Haverhill to Suffolk, he will DJ at my wedding party and he will release “Chagrin Receiver” on an obscure Belgian label :D

In a limited edition of 1 copy, I suppose ?  :D

Posted: 13 July 2009 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2000-11-09

[quote author=“chevalier”]I just mailed with Roy Young, he moved from Haverhill to Suffolk, he will DJ at my wedding party and he will release “Chagrin Receiver” on an obscure Belgian label :D

I suppose a transparent illusion is capable of doing anything…. as long as it is transparent :D
Are we invited to watch the magic ?

Ton

Posted: 14 July 2009 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-02
[quote author=“minicold”][quote author=“chevalier”]I just mailed with Roy Young, he moved from Haverhill to Suffolk, he will DJ at my wedding party and he will release “Chagrin Receiver” on an obscure Belgian label :D

In a limited edition of 1 copy, I suppose ?  :D

Yes, I will keep it in my safe at the bank :D

Posted: 14 July 2009 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-02

[quote author=“Ton”][quote author=“chevalier”]I just mailed with Roy Young, he moved from Haverhill to Suffolk, he will DJ at my wedding party and he will release “Chagrin Receiver” on an obscure Belgian label :D

I suppose a transparent illusion is capable of doing anything…. as long as it is transparent :D

Ton

Yes, but it will take place in Thailand and you will have to pay for your own ticket :D

Posted: 14 July 2009 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2000-11-09

[quote author=“chevalier”][quote author=“Ton”][quote author=“chevalier”]I just mailed with Roy Young, he moved from Haverhill to Suffolk, he will DJ at my wedding party and he will release “Chagrin Receiver” on an obscure Belgian label :D

Ton

Yes, but it will take place in Thailand and you will have to pay for your own ticket :D

Fair enough,
I suppose the transparant illusion doesn’t need a ticket to travel…...

Ton

Posted: 14 July 2009 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-02

[quote author=“Ton”][quote author=“chevalier”][quote author=“Ton”][quote author=“chevalier”]I just mailed with Roy Young, he moved from Haverhill to Suffolk, he will DJ at my wedding party and he will release “Chagrin Receiver” on an obscure Belgian label :D

Ton

Fair enough,
I suppose the transparant illusion doesn’t need a ticket to travel…...

Ton

Hahaha ... no, because it’s transparent, it can’t be traced at the airport!

1 of 3

New ID’s to Identify      |     The Dugites ? ››