3 of 4
The Rarest New Wave Single….Ever?
Posted: 29 April 2009 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2007-02-21

Alright then, as requested by overwhelming public demand: an EBM thread.

Posted: 29 April 2009 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2005-12-10

This sentence:

“Steven should be able to dig out my e-mail address, as he is such a proficient scrounger.”

Can be added to both the:

ANNOYING category, and the
MALICIOUS category

I am sorry that David tried to start a Witchhunt against me on two different public forums.  The fact is I cannot control what someone else says, but of course I am going to defend myself against derogatory remarks.

obscure

Posted: 29 April 2009 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

You know, Stephen,

after your last post I had to go back to the first page of this lengthy thread to see those “derogatory remarks” from which you “defend yourself”.

The first post eight6 made in this thread was very simply a link to your ebay auction. Without any further comment or such.

Fit that into those categories you’ve summed him up into if you can.
In fact, to make it more interesting, it would be nice if you could try to write it off as “Whiny/Petty”. wink

Posted: 29 April 2009 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

I feel like a disaster tourist reading this thread, but to see stephen accuse people of derogatory remarks, and hypocrisy I think is way out of line.

I have to disagree with jens in that there is a difference between advertising and deception.

We all know how every copy of dark wite was sold like it was the very last one so to act insulted and slandarous (without apologising for that until now) when a person refers to that is what i would call hypocrite.

I would’ve joined SOS in asking for moderation or suggest to take it private until I realised this does indeed show a person’s true colors. That path from the positions displayed here seem to already be at a dead end. So my request would be to leave this thread unmoderated.

The songs themselves are utterly uninteresting, but very obscure apparently. I hope you make big bucks with it stephen, and I hope even more your business model translates well to your profession.

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 29 April 2009 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-21

[quote author=“obscure”]I am sorry that David tried to start a Witchhunt against me on two different public forums.  The fact is I cannot control what someone else says, but of course I am going to defend myself against derogatory remarks.

obscure

Well, on principle it would be far more fun to come to this obscure person’s aid now. But there’s even limits to what I would do for the sake of public entertainment.  :wink:

We will possibly never know who nicked the football when eight6 moved out with obscure or vice versa, but the negative reactions obscure caused only very partly relate to eight6’s posts.

Firstly, basically all posts ever made on both forums only relate to the promotion of the Seeing Red 7” on ebay. Now seasoned 3-digit buyers who already know him might find that quite normal, but it seems that it doesn’t go down equally well with the naive music lover we still occasionally come across in this scene.

Sentences like the following on the NWO forum when asked to provide a high quality rip
[quote author=“obscure”]An mp3 is already a terrible format for music, and I think your unperfect recording of the record suits the mp3 format and bloggers just fine

also might have had something to do with it, but that’s just a guess, of course.

It is true that one cannot control what other people say as such, but one’s words/actions do lay the foundations for it.

But thanks to good old Einstein, we know that everything is relative and so one man’s worst sales job on record is another man’s witchhunt. And of course the 7” will fetch big bucks all the same.

Shit, I’m running out of ice cream, guys…. 8)

Posted: 30 April 2009 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

I was o.k. with the popcorn, but really man, who brings ice cream to a bitchfight? :wink:

Posted: 30 April 2009 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-10

Oystein,

I had nothing against eight6 first post, and if you read back through the thread then you can see that I didn’t respond to that post. 

Spartak,

I can tell you right now every copy of the Dark White was not sold as the last one, and if you followed the Dark White auctions then you would know that to be true.
I had 20 copies, and I sold the 20th copy as the last one.  Then two years later I got 5 more which I never expected to happen, and then I sold the 5th of those copies as the last one which it was, because now I have only my own copy, and the band member has no more copies.  I have no apologies with the Dark White record.  The band member was very happy with how much I paid him for the record, and all the collectors we’re very happy to get the record.  It took me two years to get the records originally, and I am the only reason they are in collectors hands.  So if you have downloaded the Dark White mp3s illegally or if you have one of the copies I sold then you can go sit in the Hypocrite room with Eight6.

I also disagree that the Seeing Red songs are uninteresting, and more strongly I disagree that they are “utterly uninteresting”, and with 38 people watching the auction, and a slew of buyers trying to cheat the auction by getting me to end it early for a certain price I think many will disagree with your opinion of the Seeing Red tracks.

Also, I don’t really care about making big bucks from the Seeing Red auction.  All I cared about was getting the record, and I have it now so I am happy, because I really genuinely appreciate it, and think both the tracks are amazing, but Weekahead is the better track to me.

obscure

Posted: 30 April 2009 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2007-05-15

[quote author=“Spartak”]

We all know how every copy of dark wite was sold like it was the very last one so to act insulted and slandarous (without apologising for that until now) when a person refers to that is what i would call hypocrite.

Seems I’m not the only one who remembers this.

Just to set the record straight: I didn’t even take a swat at erucsbo at NWO…my first post was ” Whatever klumpa decides to pay for it”. (BTW: if you post here, I’m envious, no jealous, of your vinyl buying abilities)

Back on topic: I even threw him a bone when he stated he couldn’t post the tracks due to the lack of a USB turntable. Another member recognized him as the guy who sold me a defective record. Yes, I did post a thread about my experience including a copy of the recording and the rude e-mail I received when I asked for a refund. That was over a year ago IIRC, so he must have dug deep into the archives to find it.

As I stated, my experience with him entitled me to author $40.00 worth of publicity for him…his actions dictated whether it would be good or bad publicity. It’s turning out to be a sound investment, as the bad publicity is now far beyond the $40.00.

He can imply whatever he wants…I’ve bought from many different vendors on GEMM, eBay, Netsounds and privately, and have about a 97% satisfaction rate with the vinyl I purchased. The times that I wasn’t comfortable with what I received were each resolved in a professional manner…with one exception.

Again, you’re in a class all by yourself Stephen. Congratulations!

BTW:

It’s more than 2 forums, you just haven’t found the others yet. Take it offline…we’ve bored others to tears. Be a man.

Posted: 30 April 2009 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-21
[quote author=“eight6”]Take it offline…we’ve bored others to tears.

Au contraire, mon ami, and I am very glad I went to the loo before I read obscure’s last post here.  Now that I finally managed to stop laughing, for those who did not follow the NWO thread:

[quote author=“obscure on NWO”]Why should someone not use this forum to make money?

[quote author=“obscure on MW”]Also, I don’t really care about making big bucks from the Seeing Red auction.

Of course you couldn’t accuse him of being a hypocrite himself, provided that your definition of that word is plant-eating African mammal….  :wink:

Posted: 30 April 2009 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-10

In response to eight6 saying:

“Seems I’m not the only one who remembers this.”

Then why did you buy the record from me?  Especially if you already had a copy? and why do have 2 copies of the record?  I’ll add all these items to the:

DUMB category.

“Just to set the record straight: I didn’t even take a swat at erucsbo at NWO”

We now have a brand new category that will be the:

LIER category

which two sentences later eight6 admits to.

“Yes, I did post a thread about my experience including a copy of the recording and the rude e-mail I received when I asked for a refund.”

and once again in his closing statements the LIE is highlighted.

“It’s more than 2 forums, you just haven’t found the others yet. “

“That was over a year ago IIRC, so he must have dug deep into the archives to find it. “

I did not dig anywhere.  I did not know you we’re posting anything about me on forums until your friend or whoever that was said something on the new wave outpost forum. 

In response to:

“As I stated, my experience with him entitled me to author $40.00 worth of publicity for him…his actions dictated whether it would be good or bad publicity. It’s turning out to be a sound investment, as the bad publicity is now far beyond the $40.00. “

So does this mean that it only cost $40 for you to have all these great traits.

WHINY
PETTY
DUMB
ANNOYING
HYPOCRITE
LIER

It sure does seem to be a sound investment, because this auction is at $307.00 with 42 watchers, and someone today offered me $4000 to end it early.

“The times that I wasn’t comfortable with what I received were each resolved in a professional manner…with one exception. “

Am I the exception? I definitely hope so.  4 years of you crying, and whining over a $1.00 bin record on internet forums.  That is worth every penny of the $40.00.

“Again, you’re in a class all by yourself Stephen.”

Would that be the class of the people who own the Seeing Red record?  So why aren’t you in class?  We know:

The DUMB category

“Congratulations! “

Thankyou, I’m sorry you could not make it into the class.

“Take it offline…we’ve bored others to tears. Be a man.”

I am a man, and I never brought this online you did.  So we can once again add that fact to one of your growing categories:

The HYPOCRITE category.

David, you can take that $1 bin loss to your grave, and all the hate that goes with it.  If you’ve held onto it for the last 4 years, then here is to many more years to come.

obscure

Posted: 30 April 2009 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-15

Moron.

I meant taking a swat at you in the Seeing Red thread, which is the subject of this thread.

Do you know what’s tougher than arguing with an idiot?

Educating one.

$4,000.00…I think somebody is pulling your leg.

Posted: 30 April 2009 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-21

As for some strange reason I currently feel catapulted back to school, could somebody please give me hand with the math here?

1   band supposedly in existance on the Isle of Guernsey in 1985
2   nice songs
3   copies of a 7” known to exist as a minimum

1 + 2 + 3 + X = USD 4.000.-

X = ?  8)

Off to a different kind of entertainment now, footie beckons.  :wink:

Posted: 30 April 2009 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-15

I can’t see the record pulling 4k. If you were willing to spend that, why do it before the auction even ends…make it your max. bid and see if it comes in for less.

I guess I’m supposed to add “I’m so jealous” that I can’t bid.

Posted: 30 April 2009 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2005-12-05

WOW! 4000 USD! For that amount I’m sure one could buy great parts of Guernsey (or Iceland…)...

Posted: 30 April 2009 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05
[quote author=“samen”]WOW! 4000 USD! For that amount I’m sure one could buy great parts of Guernsey (or Iceland…)...

I think that bidder would be wiser to invest in a plain ticket to Guernsey LOL

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

3 of 4

kirlian camera + solid space lyrics      |     Dark Day ››