2 of 4
The Rarest New Wave Single….Ever?
Posted: 27 April 2009 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2005-12-10

Oystein,

I know you are a good paying bidder, but I’m sure you could see how it would come across as irritating to me when I saw your post.  Here is a person that owes me $300, and has not paid me in a week, but instead I see them posting on a forum something that is complete speculation that I know it is not true, and that speculation could have a negative effect on one of my auctions.  To me, that didn’t come across to nicely.  Do not worry, everyone knows that you are good, and I can vouch for the fact that you just paid me.  Thanks for the payment.

obscure

Posted: 27 April 2009 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-10

Eight6,

I am so glad you will never buy a record from me again.  Please contact me, and I will send you my address so you can send the Dark White record back to me.  I am the only reason you have it, so you definitely must not be able to keep it.

obscure

Posted: 27 April 2009 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2007-02-21

[quote author=“obscure”]Oystein,

.. but instead I see them posting on a forum something that is complete speculation that I know it is not true ....

So you did scan the entire Isle of Guernsey with you microscope then, looked under granny’s pillow, left no stone unturned and thus you know for sure there are only 3 copies left in the whole wide world? Chapeau!  8)

Well, then all you have to do now is to swear by the life of your toy frog…  :wink:

Posted: 28 April 2009 04:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2007-05-15

[quote author=“obscure”]Eight6,

I am so glad you will never buy a record from me again.  Please contact me, and I will send you my address so you can send the Dark White record back to me.  I am the only reason you have it, so you definitely must not be able to keep it.

obscure

You have a nasty habit of being wrong. Actually, I have 2 copies of the ep. I bought one from another dealer some months before I saw you running your “definitely last copy” scam on eBay. So yes, I was fortunate to upgrade from a M- copy to a sealed one, (surprise, surprise, you’re not the only one who spends a lot of money on records) but that doesn’t excuse you from your questionable business tactics.

I’ve also bought one or two other items from you. The bottom line here is you lacked the integrity to address my disappointment over the groove damaged record you sold me.

Sure, the record was a $40.00 item which you continue to say I’m making a big deal over…but where is your responsibility to at least try to ensure customer satisfaction? Your e-mail in response to my concern was basically a tersely worded declaration of “tough sh*t”. Offering to give me half my money back AFTER I pay to have the record sent back to you (a $20.00 charge) is not much of a deal.

Nice customer service Steve.

The more you reply, the more people see your true colors, so feel free to further incriminate yourself.

Posted: 28 April 2009 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-10

eight6,

Don’t call me wrong.  That is a nasty habit.  And the only reason you have the other copy of the Dark White record is because that seller upgraded to one of my sealed copies.  So that makes both the copies you have are because of me.  Anyway, if you truly hate me so much which is how you come across then why don’t you send the Dark White record back.  And if you are such a great person then why are you trying to declare to the world that I am a jerk on two internet forums.  And also why do you have 2 copies of the Dark White record, and 2 copies of the Class Info record.  You know there are collectors out there that want a copy.  I think you are being upset just because you want to be upset.  I have dealt with 1,000s of people in ten years on ebay, and there are only 3 that I never want to deal with again, and you are one of them.  So until I get a Dark White record back you will be a hypocrite, and you can keep on crying on the forums all you want.  Here are your true colors.

Whiny/Petty (will not compromise, and complains about $20 4 years later, and will not just say life is too short, who the fuck cares about the $20.)

Malicious (posts on two internet forums that I am a jerk, and that I try to screw people for money, and that that is the only reason I collect records.  All 3 items being untrue.)

Dumb (could not figure out how to get the Seeing Red record. You knew about the record before me.  So why do I have a copy, and you don’t.)

Annoying (constantly post what records he wants, but has no clue how to get them.  “I want that poeme electronique record”.  ” I will give anybody $500 for that poeme electronique record”.  “How can I get a copy of that Seeing Red” record.”  “shucks, I just missed getting that poeme electronique record from Herve”)

Hypocritical (derides a seller for unfair business tactics, but when that seller saves them $600 refuses to stick with his condemnation of the seller by sending the Dark White record back)

So there are your true colors David.  That should give you some insight into how you are acting, and how you come across.  I am not afraid of you posting whatever you want.  But if you want to hate me then you have to stick with it, and send the Dark White record back, and also any of the other records you remember buying from me. 

obscure

Posted: 28 April 2009 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2006-03-25

it’s really odd for me as ebay is a very transparent market and no-one is obliged to buy from Mr Obscure that people are so upset about his auctions. EVERYBODY who is not an absolute newby knows that his descriptions are always to be understood as sales advertisements and not entries into a collectors guide to obscure records. In my opinion it’s always a little bit hit and miss but even when I made some not so nice experiences (among this was a serious case of overgrading, too, but this is long ago), I also found really excellent stuff in his auctions or sales. Try your luck or leave it, but why moan about it?

But hey, if you think other people think there is a whole crate of this 7” somewhere, then maybe the price where this auction will end, will be lower if any other seller than Mr Obscure would sell it? In this case you should bid on it, and maybe win it for a low price (some profan case of game theory, I guess)

I am more upset towards a guy who currently seems to ‘forget’ to send me a 800 EUR package since two month while he keeps ignoring my emails. If you read this, please contact me!

Posted: 28 April 2009 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-21

[quote author=“EliasRafael”] Try your luck or leave it, but why moan about it?

I completely agree here, as luckily no-one is forced to purchase from him.

Of course I wouldn’t dream of bidding on it, but it has to be said that for a spectator it’s tremendous fun hearing statements like the one that the possible existance of a crate is an outrageous claim, while claiming oneself that the two mint copies one managed to source recently are the only ones apart from the initial one, cross my heart and hope not to be arrested by the MINIMALSYNTHPOLICE.

BTW, does the return policy stipulate that RECORD !!!! NEEDS !!! TO BE !!! RETURNED !!! TO SELLER !!!! IF !!! BUYER IS!! NAUGHTY!!! ???

Just askin’..... :wink:

Posted: 28 April 2009 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-15

[quote author=“obscure”]eight6,

Don’t call me wrong.  That is a nasty habit.  And the only reason you have the other copy of the Dark White record is because that seller upgraded to one of my sealed copies.  So that makes both the copies you have are because of me.  Anyway, if you truly hate me so much which is how you come across then why don’t you send the Dark White record back.  And if you are such a great person then why are you trying to declare to the world that I am a jerk on two internet forums.  And also why do you have 2 copies of the Dark White record, and 2 copies of the Class Info record.  You know there are collectors out there that want a copy.  I think you are being upset just because you want to be upset.  I have dealt with 1,000s of people in ten years on ebay, and there are only 3 that I never want to deal with again, and you are one of them.  So until I get a Dark White record back you will be a hypocrite, and you can keep on crying on the forums all you want.  Here are your true colors.

Whiny/Petty (will not compromise, and complains about $20 4 years later, and will not just say life is too short, who the fuck cares about the $20.)

Malicious (posts on two internet forums that I am a jerk, and that I try to screw people for money, and that that is the only reason I collect records.  All 3 items being untrue.)

Dumb (could not figure out how to get the Seeing Red record. You knew about the record before me.  So why do I have a copy, and you don’t.)

Annoying (constantly post what records he wants, but has no clue how to get them.  “I want that poeme electronique record”.  ” I will give anybody $500 for that poeme electronique record”.  “How can I get a copy of that Seeing Red” record.”  “shucks, I just missed getting that poeme electronique record from Herve”)

Hypocritical (derides a seller for unfair business tactics, but when that seller saves them $600 refuses to stick with his condemnation of the seller by sending the Dark White record back)

So there are your true colors David.  That should give you some insight into how you are acting, and how you come across.  I am not afraid of you posting whatever you want.  But if you want to hate me then you have to stick with it, and send the Dark White record back, and also any of the other records you remember buying from me. 

obscure

Get help. You’re in dire need of it.

Posted: 28 April 2009 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-15

[quote author=“EliasRafael”]it’s really odd for me as ebay is a very transparent market and no-one is obliged to buy from Mr Obscure that people are so upset about his auctions. EVERYBODY who is not an absolute newby knows that his descriptions are always to be understood as sales advertisements and not entries into a collectors guide to obscure records. In my opinion it’s always a little bit hit and miss but even when I made some not so nice experiences (among this was a serious case of overgrading, too, but this is long ago), I also found really excellent stuff in his auctions or sales. Try your luck or leave it, but why moan about it?

I agree with what you say regarding eBay. My problem with obscure is that he can’t admit his error. I asked him very politely for a refund on a cheap record that was damaged. I don’t think I was out of line, but he apparently thought I was. I guess he’s entitled to rip people off if it’s under a set dollar amount. Nice work if you can get it.

I’ve nothing more to add to this, and my apologies if I’ve dragged a dead cat here to rot. I guess part of me wanted to see if others have had similar experiences with him. Judging by the responses, I’d say he has no great fans, nor any great enemies here.

Posted: 28 April 2009 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-10

Eight6,

This comeback (“Get help. You’re in dire need of it.”) can be added to the DUMB category up above.  It can usually be expected from a valley girl or a 3rd grader(i.e. anyone with lack of sufficient intelligence).

Its nice to see that you avoided the fact that you horde multiple copies of records as well.  That was very devious of you.  And we can add that to the
HYPOCRITE category up above.

So after you ship the Dark White, and the other records please let me know so I can know to look out for them.  What we’re the other records anyway?  As soon as I get them I will post them on ebay, and then maybe I will donate $40 worth of the proceeds to help pay for the medical costs so that the doctors can remove that stick from your butt.  I think that after its gone you might be able to live a happy, well adjusted life.  So the sooner you ship the records the better off you will be I’m sure you will agree.

obscure

Posted: 28 April 2009 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  122
Joined  2005-12-27

i’m embarassed to say i’ve read this whole thread.
not to play moderator, but i’d perhaps suggest any further discussion be taken to a private arena.

Posted: 28 April 2009 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-21

[quote author=“teachu2die”]i’m embarassed to say i’ve read this whole thread.
not to play moderator, but i’d perhaps suggest any further discussion be taken to a private arena.

Teachu2die, Ton,

Come on, now where’s your sense of entertainment, guys?

Of course the chief value of this thread lies in the fact that it might help people in their decision making if they are being fed the right story and if they want to purchase from the person in question. And we’re talking truckloads of cash here.

Apart from that, it’s looking very much like a bonsai version of the guy who killed another one because of a virtual sword in a role playing game in South Korea. I have to point out here that sadlly, from time to time I enjoy coversions of the sort: “Immature? Ha! I’ll tell you who’s immature? You’re far more immature than me! Ha! It’s you who is far more immature, and no doubt about it…”.

And unlike in the latest Discworld novel, they even come for free here.  8)

Minimal Wave has been rather quiet of late and anyways any scene needs those kind of stories. “Say, do you remember the Seeing Red story? Oh, the one with the rarest single ever, yeah, that was a good one, when….”

Popcorn, anyone?  :wink:

Posted: 29 April 2009 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-15

[quote author=“teachu2die”]i’m embarassed to say i’ve read this whole thread.

You’re right.

Steven should be able to dig out my e-mail address, as he is such a proficient scrounger.

Again, my apologies for the uproar…one of the reasons I like coming here is the calm demeanor among the membership, not to mention the knowledge base..

Posted: 29 April 2009 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-21

May I hint at the private message (PM) function of this forum then?  :idea: It’s the small box at the bottom of each post, or you go to “Account”.

Posted: 29 April 2009 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  122
Joined  2005-12-27

[quote author=“falck”]
Minimal Wave has been rather quiet of late and anyways any scene needs those kind of stories. “Say, do you remember the Seeing Red story? Oh, the one with the rarest single ever, yeah, that was a good one, when….”

i’m sure there are more productive ways to drum up some drama - what about that ebm thread you were threatening? tongue laugh

2 of 4

kirlian camera + solid space lyrics      |     Dark Day ››