1 of 1
Relative newbie really wanting to get into minimal synth…
Posted: 04 April 2009 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-04-04

I’ve only really scratched the surface of minimal synth music. I developped an interest after listening to Electronic Krautrock bands such as Kraftwerk, Harmonia and Ashra and they released some of my favourite albums of all time. I then discovered a few gems from the mutantsounds blog which for any fan of prog/punk/synth/psych/rare music is the best website on the internet bar none (http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/). So far Transparent Illusion - Still Human and Irsol - First Contact have really stood out and would be in my top 50 records of all time.

I’m just after some more recommendations as this music is difficult to find let alone find recommendations for, so I figure this would be the right place.

Posted: 05 April 2009 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

Check the radio section of this forum for many shows related to the genre. Especially snowy’s, plastikmann’s and mike’s shows are well recommended!

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 05 April 2009 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

And welcome here!
You lucky bastard; You’ve got around 10.000 wonderful vinyls ahead of you!

Years back we had a thread on the subject of “cheap” minimal music - as you may know, if you’re into the original vinyls and not just the mutantsounds mp3s - some minimal electronics records cost an arm and a leg, so we made a list of stuff that doesn’t…

If OTOH you’re happy and content with 10.000 wonderful mp3s on your HD, you might want to check us all out on myspace grin I’d start with http://www.myspace.com/minimalwave, she’s got a nice mp3 player there full of Greatest Hits type minimal wave.
Then go through all her friends, and all friends of friends… that should be 1.000.000 not 10.000 mp3s, happy browsing!

r

Posted: 05 April 2009 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-04-04

Excellent thanks a lot guys that’s a good start. I’m really just after bands and albums to check out, I’m really good at finding the physical music.

1 of 1