1 of 1
Marc Plainguet
Posted: 21 February 2009 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

I recently found 2 cassettes at a thrift store by Marc Plainguet.  “Amebas In Love” and “World Media”.  I did a quick search for him and the only info I could find were from Christian web sites.  While there is a slight religious overtone to his lyrics the music is minimal synth pop.

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Posted: 22 February 2009 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

wow,
never heard of him. What’s the chance of an mp3 or two to megaupload or such?

I’m a bit of an afficionado when it comes to christian minimal synthpop, actually; among the favourites are Weber and the Buzztones, and the magnificent rev. Ishmael’s “Return of the Magnificent Glories”, a 1981 b-side saving children from the secular synth pop of people like Gary Numan. Hallelujah!

Posted: 22 February 2009 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-17

I’ll see what I can do.  I’ve already ripped them to cd so an upload shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Posted: 25 February 2009 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-02-24

Marc Plainguet MP3

I’d be happy to provide MP3 of my old stuff from my Christian days. (Thanks for noticing that it’s not overtly Christian) I just need to find a venue. I want to take my old stuff and make it available for free online but need a place to host the downloads. Believe me…the MP3s I upload will sound much better than your rip. I hated the way the cassettes sounded even with my stuff being pretty minimal. Any ideas where I can make them available?

Marc Plainguet

Posted: 26 February 2009 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-17

Well, I’ll hold off on posting the tape rips then.

Good to hear from you Marc!

1 of 1

Track ID PSyche      |     Stereo Interview ››