1 of 1
Partysnaks movie
Posted: 04 February 2009 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-02-04

Hey all,

I’ve got the Partysnaks comp (with Croox,  Bera Maor - referenced elsewhere here, Reifenstahl, Don Bartnick, etc…) one of my favorite German new wave comps, so glad to have it, but -

do any of you know where I can possibly find the film, by the same name, this compilation accompanied??  found this description of the film over at Brotbeutel blogspot:

Party Snäks, music from the movie „the dancing leg(s) collector”
Summary of content:
Location is Rio in South America.
Don Bartnik, a salesman for used blue cars, is in financial troubles. He dreams of a career as an entertainer. In his dreams someone suggests a stage act with fried chickens. So Bartnik starts to practise a mechanical dance with 2 chickens from the Netherlands called Skänky and Trap.
Don Bartnik is in love with the nightclub singer Gay. She once presented him the old suitcase in which they met. Now this suitcase is stage and home for Skänky and Trap. One day Gay has a parachuting accident and lands on the roof right above Bartniks window where she secretly watches his training with the chickens. She is amused and confused about Bartniks misuse of the suitcase.
The next day, while Gay talks to herself, she is overheard by 3 regulars of the “Pilsstübchen”: Mustafa, an oil sheik, Jochen Zepp, a wrecked film producer, and Graf Grenzgang, an agent with higher orders. Mustafa sees his chance to escape total boredom and offers Bartnik a very bad deal. Bartnik declines with a nod, but Skänky and Trap get angry because they want to get out of the suitcase, so they try to get on good terms with Mustafa. But Mustafa is depressed by Bartniks decline and commits suicide.

There’s more, its a fairly extensive writeup - so, something about dancing chickens… I love experimental film from the early 80s, esp. as an extension of the new wave of musicians from that time, and this sounds fascinating - Don Bartnick plays the protagonist?

anyway - any info, pass it along

Posted: 04 February 2009 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2009-02-04

re: Partysnaks - (dancing leg collector)

well, nevermind, in my haste - i missed that the post mentioned that the project was abandoned - the story sounds amazing though - i wonder if anything was filmed for this though.

Posted: 06 February 2009 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-04-16

I own the soundtrack too. Have had it for sometime, but no luck finding the actual vinyl!  rolleyes

Signature 

————<div>end transmission</div>

Posted: 18 February 2009 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2009-02-04

Carlos -
I’ve heard its not that scarce in Germany…  found my copy from some seller in Gemm who listed it as Party Snacks (as the artist).  lucked out - 12 bones, so glad to have it!  comes with the insert as well with the movie description, but seeing as I don’t read German…

Anyway, that Bera Maor track is killer, wish they had released more than this one song.

1 of 1