1 of 1
virtual vintage drum machines
Posted: 27 September 2008 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-09-16

are there any authentic sounding vintage drum machine programs out there?
arturia has a mimimoogv program that works great-now i need the authentic vintage drum machine sound to go with it.
i am a macintosh user.
please help

Posted: 05 October 2008 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-08-13

You could try to find some sound banks for Reason. As far as i know, Macintosh is bad with VST/VSTi and RTAS, so it’s somewhat harder to search synths for mac.

P.S. actually, i think i was wrong about RTAS. Can’t say for sure, though, as i lack knowledge about mac.

Signature 

<div>The lights shine clear through the sodium haze

The night draws near and daylight fades

Ignore the voices discard the day

For the brand new darkness for the bright new way</div>

Posted: 05 February 2009 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2005-12-08

you could probably find individual samples of drum sounds from vintage machines, or even kits, but you would have to load them into whatever plugin you use for drums….

if you want some “authentic” loops, you are on your own, and would probably have to sample them yourself. With that being said, you are better off investing into an actual vintage drum machine, even a cheap no name one, than trying to recreate something like that.

drum vsts are cool if you dont have much money, or are starting out… but in my opinion it really takes the fun out of making music because it is so time consuming to write out a simple beat.

Posted: 06 February 2009 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

Synapse Orion comes with some decent 606,808,909 and CR78 samples.

1 of 1

minimoog      |     my poly61 crashed ››