1 of 1
live set-ups
Posted: 31 December 2005 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2005-12-21

curious about peoples live set-ups.  i sort of tend to overthink these things, but ultimately end up using what i have at hand.  in my previous band i played a sequential pro-one into a roland space echo, and also the pro-one as carrier for a vocoder (virus borrowed from some DJ).  my pal jose played a yamaha cs15 sequenced by a korg EM-1, also synced to a DSI Evolver and a Korg ES-1 with samples from the pro-one, cs15 and cs30.  basically we would build the songs in an improvised manner from stored sequences, no set structures.  you can here some stuff here:  myspace.com/walkingintheneon

286259816_l.jpg

currently im in a different band with no sequencing, just live keyboards.  i play roland sh2 and moog source (possibly going to use some pedals in the future, but need to find the right combination).  there is a drummer and another dual synth set up (sh101 and moog rogue) and a guitar into an effects pedal.

362274151_l.jpg

now looking forward to the future, ideally id like to have a tr808 with the clock going to the analog in on an akai mpc60 which sequences my moog source and pro-one, with maybe a sequential six trax doing 6 parts multi timbral sequences and esq or dx adding digital nastiness.  ...or just an mpc60 sequencing a modular… sigh…

Posted: 26 May 2006 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

I just saw you guys in Minneapolis.  The Moog Source was pretty cool, and the SH101 really made me wish I had never sold mine.

The last band I played synth in I rotated between a Korg MS2000 and my Crumar DS-1, depending on how rowdy I thought the crowd was gonna be.  I really didn’t want a pitcher of beer inside the Crumar.

Posted: 02 June 2006 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2005-12-21

wow, awesome - you should have said hi!  minneapolis was probably the most lack luster show of the tour (too small a stage to move and nobody really at the club).  all-ages basement shows are still the best ^_^  but i know what you mean about the beer, so far we havent gotten into any fights (the only guy who sprayed us with beer put out our 12” record, so we couldnt really kick his ass)

seth
http://www.tubezomzoms.com

Posted: 03 June 2006 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2006-04-10

you have a nice gear !!! and lucky to have a band to make live. When you all alone, like me, it’s impossible (or you have to make playback or become a DJ…).

1 of 1

Jupiter 8      |     Roland JX-3P ››