2 of 2
Carmody Tape 1983
Posted: 02 July 2008 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2005-12-05
[quote author=“cinico”]That track comes from something called Torino 80 Vol 2 as far as I know.  Does anyone have Vol 1, 3, 4, etc?

to be honest, i dont think that this compilation really exist outside internet, im italian and i know what im talking about…This track is in the volume 3 (not 2) but i never heard about these compilations and i never saw them.

Posted: 02 July 2008 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Carmody were Alberto Ramella, Andrea Lesmo and Max Casacci (the last to join, Carmody were already famous as Teknospray)

Alberto Ramella is a famous photographer, his main professional subjects are social differences and conflicts, war reportages, portraits, artistic and theatre performance.

Max Casacci is the guitarist and producer of SUBSONICA, a famous nowdays italian electro-rock band; they also did a collaboration with Krisma some yrs ago in the song called ‘Nuova Ossessione’.

Andrea Lesmo is still active as musician in a celtic/folk band (LabGraal) and he still part of the famous TKS studio, where Monuments, Chromagain and all the other great Turinese new wave bands recorded their songs..(ok now is in another location but the name is the same!)

Satisfied? grin

Posted: 05 July 2008 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2005-12-01

Hey, Vol 3, yeah, my mistake.  Perhaps you are right about the Internet only thing, but it makes me curious still to hear what Turinese acts could exist on the hypothetical Vol 1 & 2.

Thanks for all that bio info!

Posted: 06 July 2008 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

[quote author=“cinico”]Hey, Vol 3, yeah, my mistake.  Perhaps you are right about the Internet only thing, but it makes me curious still to hear what Turinese acts could exist on the hypothetical Vol 1 & 2.

Thanks for all that bio info!

Yes, im curious too eheh

I have some good compis to rip, always from Italy but from other cities, some tracks are really interesting

Posted: 15 October 2008 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-04-18

btw,

Monuments was one great hint! I think their sound isn’t similar to Carmody at all, but I like some of their tracks very much. I just realized that the vocals remind me very much of Bryan Ferry, e.g. on “The Seals”.

I’m so glad that there’s still great music to discover that I don’t know right now!

Cheers

Ross

Signature 

I like cheese analogue

2 of 2