1 of 1
Micromoog
Posted: 06 May 2008 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2008-02-12

Lately, I have been re-assessing my synth situation.  I recently sold my Korg MS-10 and I may unload one or two more things.

Most recently, I have been using my Micromoog, a lot, for recordings by my solo synth project, Super Eight Loop.

It was the first synth that I bought in the ‘80s, and it was not in the greatest shape when I got it.

Now, it has definitely seen better days, and it can be unpredictable and rude when I record with it, but I think that I have fallen back in love with it.

My taste has always favored smaller, mono synths… even as I develop modular envy, due to seeing various friends’ growing boxes of modules… but I still really enjoy working with the more basic synths that I own… Rogue, Prodigy, SH-101, SH-09, etc.

Posted: 06 May 2008 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

Re: Micromoog

[quote author=“BLOODLUSTCHICAGO”] I still really enjoy working with the more basic synths that I own… Rogue, Prodigy, SH-101, SH-09, etc.

but not the ms-10??  8O I’ve never had one of those, only a ms-20, but I would assume it would be as great as those other “more basic” ones you mention? eh? why did you sell it?

Posted: 09 May 2008 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2008-02-12

I had actually used it a lot, recently, for Super Eight Loop recordings, but I was never really “taken” by it… “emotionally”???  In one sense, I love the look of the MS-10 and the MS-20, but in another way, the upright (patchbay) aesthetic goes against the style of all of the other small synths that I have.

Posted: 09 May 2008 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04

Talking about ms-10:

http://www.aqi.co.jp/product/ds10/en/index.html

I posted this in the current events but it’s relevant here also LOL

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

Posted: 20 May 2008 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2005-12-25

micromoog

truly a great and underrated synth.  It’s very easy to navigate and switch from sound to sound on, a great synth for live use.

A great and easy modification is to replace the small modulation bus jack with a standard 1/4” normaled one.  This gives easy access to the modulation of waveshape via step sequencers, etc.

If you are looing for one, try to get one with the extra unlabeled knob ‘round back near the CV/S-Trig I/O, it scales the key out voltage to match other synths and clicks into place to allow standard 1v/Octave response to CVs coming *in* to the OSC CV *output*

I will modify mine to be v-trig and will sell all no V/Oct synths (anybody hunting for an nice MS-20 or CS-5?)

Signature 

b l e a k

1 of 1

CLEF Master Rhythm drum machine      |     Korg KR-55 ››