1 of 1
IP mission terminated?
Posted: 25 March 2006 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2006-03-18

Apparently Invasion Planete recently ceased operations after IP21 ,which is a very beautifull and awesome release. Does anybody know more about this? The site is very cryptic about it.

Signature 

Brian Eno sank my battleship

Posted: 26 March 2006 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2006-03-14

Hi ACB,

Yes they quit. A modern sacrifice as the say (title IP21). But at the same time they anounce they’ll be back under another form. I wonder what form :? . The goodbye text in French leaves little to imagine :

” IL Y A CEUX QUI SAVENT, ILS SONT TRES PEU…ET LES IGNORANTS, ILS SONT NOMBREUX.
Nous laissons volontairement la place à ceux qui se nourissent de cadavres, aux ombres de ce
mon/de. Cet arrêt annoncé dont le code parfait est le [ ip021 ] et dont son ordre est le [ 33 ]est
aussi le symbole du Renouveau. Regardez autour de vous…Nous ne serons jamais bien loin.
VOTRE MAISON EST AUSSI LA NOTRE.
A trés bientôt donc, sous une autre forme. Suivez les signes.” Le tombeau est ouvert “..
Pax !

lets see if I can translate correctly :

...” There are those who know, they are few. There are the ignorant, they are many. We voluntarily leave the place to those who feed on corpses and shadows of this world. This announced end of which the perfect code is ip021 and thus the order is 33 is also the symbol of renewal. Look around you we will never be far away. Your house is also ours. See you soon, under another form. Follow the signs “the tomb is open”. PAX. .... “

Oh dear !

Betabox 8O

Signature 

HGW XX/7

Posted: 26 March 2006 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2005-12-14

Reading this goodbye stuff, I’d say these people are more into goth stuff, than minimal wave. 8O :D

Posted: 27 March 2006 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04
[quote author=“minicold”]Reading this goodbye stuff, I’d say these people are more into goth stuff, than minimal wave. 8O :D

Without insulting you and this is not an apology either, that’s just your ignorance.
End of story.

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

Posted: 27 March 2006 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-14
[quote author=“cr-78”][quote author=“minicold”]Reading this goodbye stuff, I’d say these people are more into goth stuff, than minimal wave. 8O :D

Without insulting you and this is not an apology either, that’s just your ignorance.
End of story.

Be sure, I don’t take it as an insult; it’s just the perception of the words that I read, nothing more, nothing less.

Posted: 27 March 2006 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-18

I can understand minicold’s perception. Invasion Planete had always been a label that focused more on the darker side of Minimal Wave. One could see that as “gothic”, but I think that A// would strongly disagree.

Signature 

Posted: 27 March 2006 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-14

Maybe I wasn’t clear about what I said.  First of all, I really like the dark side of minimal wave, so that’s not the issue here (and I do have several items of IP in my collection).  The only thing is that when I read the “goodbye text”, I found it quite mysterious, and rather bombastic and that’s typical for gothic music.  It wasn’t meant as an insult or laughing with the situation.  In contrary, I find it very sad when labels that do efforts for distributing fine music have to stop because of whatever may be the reason.
So, for my part, discussion may be closed. :wink:

Posted: 27 March 2006 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-18

Yes, but it’s just so sad as I found Rollinka and A// to be very nice and driven personalities,  the two times that I spoke with them. I heard a lot of bullshit from people from other labels about them, that I couldn’t place. So I am mystified by their sudden “disappearance”.

Signature 

Posted: 27 March 2006 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2006-03-14

I think it’s a choice to stop now. To become a legend you stop or kill yourself at your peak. And that’s exactly what they are doing.

BetaBox

Signature 

HGW XX/7

Posted: 29 March 2006 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

I agree BB. I became interested in IP with the IP 12 - 16 releases.
However, the last 5 releases have been true minimal masterpieces.

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

1 of 1

Track ID : Motor Race      |     Track ID ... ’83 ››