1 of 1
Kpr77 + Sq10 + Ms20 trig
Posted: 18 November 2007 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi,

Does anybody knows if is it possible to link the Korg Kpr77 with the Korg Sq10 + Korg Ms20 using the trig out (low or high tom) from the drum machine? I know i need an Ms 02 but i was thinking maybe to elude it.

Here’s the situation

Korg Kms30 Sync Out -> Kpr77 Sync In
Kpr77 Trig out -> Sq 10 (i was thinking to enter into STEP)
Sq10 -> Ms20

Thanks for the attention,

Peter M.

Posted: 18 November 2007 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2007-03-07

You can drive either the ms 20 or the sq 10 with the tom outs on the kpr…grant it you lose your toms but its a start…you could also use the pulse generator/env follower portion of the ms 20 in conjunction with the headphone out of the 77 to produce complex manifold pulses to trigger the sq10 and then divide down from the sq 10 using the indivi - gate/step outs, mix several of these together to fire away at your ms20 envs or whatever….there are many different ways to go about this….do you have a ms 50?...with the 50 you have many more mults, adding amps, inverters, et al. to turn basic pulses/gates into diverse multifunctional control mechanisms….
Bon chance
also you can bypass the kms by dinsyncing a 606 with the kpr - you then have 2 more programmable trigs to work with ....only thing is, figuring a novel way of inverting their polarity

Posted: 18 November 2007 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

[quote author=“nuit-exterieur”]You can drive either the ms 20 or the sq 10 with the tom outs on the kpr…grant it you lose your toms but its a start…you could also use the pulse generator/env follower portion of the ms 20 in conjunction with the headphone out of the 77 to produce complex manifold pulses to trigger the sq10 and then divide down from the sq 10 using the indivi - gate/step outs, mix several of these together to fire away at your ms20 envs or whatever….there are many different ways to go about this….do you have a ms 50?...with the 50 you have many more mults, adding amps, inverters, et al. to turn basic pulses/gates into diverse multifunctional control mechanisms….
Bon chance
also you can bypass the kms by dinsyncing a 606 with the kpr - you then have 2 more programmable trigs to work with ....only thing is, figuring a novel way of inverting their polarity

the problem is not to drive the ms20 with the kpr, im using the ‘trig in’ of the ms and is working perfectly. My problem is to enter into the sq10 with the trig out (tom) of the kpr to drive in this way the ms20. Tonite i try yr advices and i let u know smile

No unfortunatly i dont have an Ms50 :-|

really thanks a lot!

Posted: 18 November 2007 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

ive tried this connection and it seems is working in a way

trig out kpr -> step sq10
multiple trig out sq -> trig in ms20
ch a voltage out sq -> vco 1+2 vc in ms20

btw i think there are many and different other ways… 8O

Posted: 22 November 2007 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05
[quote author=“nuit-exterieur”]you could also use the pulse generator/env follower portion of the ms 20 in conjunction with the headphone out of the 77 to produce complex manifold pulses to trigger the sq10 and then divide down from the sq 10 using the indivi - gate/step outs, mix several of these together to fire away at your ms20 envs or whatever….

perfect,is working also in this way, again really thanks a lot

1 of 1