1 of 1
Soft Cell - Demo Non Stop
Posted: 24 November 2006 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2005-12-05

http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk/product-view.php?productid=17332

it’s amazing to me how “Bedsit Tapes” and now this get released and almost nobody knows about them - Some Bizarre certainly isn’t the music-industry force that it once was… well, i have my copy on order!

Posted: 24 November 2006 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2005-12-04

8O
Have to get it too! wtf!

Signature 

D’un sillon l’autre…

Posted: 25 November 2006 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2006-04-10

I heard about this release few days ago, on premonition. I presume we can’t know a release before it’s… released.

Posted: 25 November 2006 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-03-09

The quality of some of the tracks seems a bit lousy but that’s the beauty of such home-made material - especially this early all-synth Soft Cell! Mutant Moments expanded! : ) A must

Posted: 25 November 2006 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03
[quote author=“alanbyond”]I heard about this release few days ago, on premonition. I presume we can’t know a release before it’s… released.

But that’s just the thing isn’t it? Some bands will write about an upcoming release months in advance, delaying it lots of times, supposing this will “create an impact” in that all who wanted the release will buy it at the same time…

And here comes another Soft Cell demo collection, just appearing out of the blue? Well of course, I didn’t check their official website much this last month/year/life…

Still: Cool release. Me want.

Posted: 27 November 2006 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

Are these the same tracks that were on the Science Fiction Stories boot?

Posted: 28 November 2006 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  319
Joined  2005-11-12

I will check when I get home :wink:

Posted: 29 November 2006 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  319
Joined  2005-11-12

These tracks are missing from the Science Fiction Stories Demos:

Say Hello Wave Goodbye
Babes in Consumerland
As Advertised
Cleansing Fanatic
Secret Life

but then there are all those other great tracks missing from this new release (like Metro MRX, Potential, Girl with the Patent Leather Face)

Posted: 29 November 2006 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-17

It seems that there will never be the “definitive” Soft Cell demos package.

Posted: 11 December 2006 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05
[quote author=“Ollie_Stench”]It seems that there will never be the “definitive” Soft Cell demos package.

to clarify:

if you have these 2 recent official CD releases on Some Bizarre:
- “The Bedsit Tapes”
- “Demo Non Stop”
... then you have everything that was released on the “Science Fiction Stories” bootleg, except for 1 track (“I am 16” - which is definitely the worst of these old Soft Cell demotracks, really embarrasing IMO!)

not only that, there are several tracks that were never released on “Science Fiction Stories” before, and also, the sound quality on these new reissues is remastered and MUCH better than on “Science Fiction Stories”

so if you want the DEFINITIVE Soft Cell demos package, you really only need “Bedsit Tapes” and “Demo Non Stop”

i already have my copy of “Demo Non Stop” BTW - i got it from Indietective in Germany

bye, jason

Posted: 12 December 2006 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-03-09

I noticed ‘Frustration’ is included on both these packages… But according to sound sample from musicnonstop.com I didn’t notice any particular difference to that from ‘Mutant Moments’...

I guess Soft Cell made large number of demos but I’ll agree with Solvent, these collections are ultimate for early Soft Cell sound quite extraordinary comparing to later studio smash hits and albums…

Posted: 13 December 2006 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-17

[quote author=“solvent”]
to clarify:

if you have these 2 recent official CD releases on Some Bizarre:
- “The Bedsit Tapes”
- “Demo Non Stop”
... then you have everything that was released on the “Science Fiction Stories” bootleg, except for 1 track (“I am 16” - which is definitely the worst of these old Soft Cell demotracks, really embarrasing IMO!)

OK, that’s good to know.  As I don’t actually own Science Fiction Stories I was a bit confused.  I’ve got The Bedsit Tapes which I enjoy a lot.  Now I’ll have to grab a copy of Demo Non-Stop and be done with it.

Posted: 13 December 2006 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05
[quote author=“Solist”]I noticed ‘Frustration’ is included on both these packages… But according to sound sample from musicnonstop.com I didn’t notice any particular difference to that from ‘Mutant Moments’...

actually Frustration (the Mutant Moments version) wasn’t on Bedsit Tapes, for no good reason…? and then oddly, Demo-Non-Stop contains 2 tracks from Bedsit—Cleansing Fanatic and Tupperware Party (the latter is unlisted but it’s on there)—they are the exact same versions. Some Bizarre could’ve totally put everything onto 1 cd for a single definitive collection of early Soft Cell…... you almost wonder if it’s a cash-grab, but i somehow doubt it considering how poorly publicized and difficult-to-find these CDs are…. weird.

1 of 1