Joined  2006-03-09

Featured updates below

V

Posted: 12 October 2006 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04

listening to the track right now and it’s really good!
Nice and old school sounding.
It’s cool to know you saw DIJ during their Zagreb concert.
Was that the one that is now “Something is coming”?

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

Posted: 12 October 2006 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-03-09

Hi there…

tnx for your impressions… Regarding Death In June, no - the one we met was their second time Death in June gave a gig in ZG… However, a friend I formed Narrow with attended also the one you’re asking about, which historically makes him an active participant in ‘Something Is Coming’ album’s live atmopshere : )) Death In June visited Zagreb some four or even five times already, cannot tell… Earlier dates were brilliant, later ones I personally found more-less repetitions of what I already heard them playing live, which left me somewhat disappointed…

Posted: 12 October 2006 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04

Interesting.
I only saw DIJ live once and it was fantastic.
During the “But what ends when the symbols shatter” or was it the “Rose clouds of holocaust” period? I can’t recall.
But anyways this post is about your music and it’s good!
Please post more links.

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

Posted: 12 October 2006 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2006-03-09

Hi Ton,

thanks for your honesty… I do empathise on certain things you mentioned - apologies for lots of words but I guess one of my personal problems so to speak, is writing endlessly long sentences…

We certainly aren’t musicians nor ‘artists’ - as you put it… I guess ‘music’ is too wide an open hole so, yeah, maybe we are crap - although we preffered it an experiment, an entertaining process of exploring how sounds fit in with us in their melodic or quasi-melodic sense… And you cannot expect such demonstration sounding like bursting of virtuosity…

Regarding my ‘contamination factor’, I guess it is by pure democratic decision that I put this info, sharing it with people who - like yourself - don’t have to accept it while some others accept it in their own way…. which is a sincere reaction and I truly respect it, no matter how negative, positive or otherwise this reaction might be… My introduction is pretentious and I’m aware of that but cannot help it - choosing specific words is another situation where I probably use wrong terms… I am blushing thinking what possibly I might have said that provoked you the way you reacted in your post - I like that from ‘learning a lesson’ point of view though.

Cheers

SI )

Posted: 12 October 2006 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2006-03-09

Dearest Ton,

I certainly might take this a friendly advice… but I must say the way you suggest things in both of your posts are somewhat like giving orders to people how to behave at your own expectations and please, correct me if I’m wrong, it is not my fault these expectations of yours went sky-high - that is something you should try and tame a bit yourself.

My pretentious introduction as we both put it, is rather formal and describes as honestly what we actually do - there is no additional flavours or colours added to cloud people’s ears… I personally think the intro isn’t as pompous, I certainly do not glorify what we do, I just happen to enjoy it in my own way and decided to share it with others - who, as I already put it, either like it in their own way or have objections…

I certainly do understand your frustrations for I felt the same way with some other music I expected too much from but got quite a small share of fascinations with it. But hey, that’s life I guess, there are certainly so many other things that make our lives less complicated, this one is certainly not worth the two of us discussing it, slowly stretching ourselves into a fight of arguments - you don’t like it, and that’s as welcome an opinion… find something you do like and enjoy it.

Respects,

SI )

Posted: 13 October 2006 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2006-04-10

ton il balance, pétard 8O

Posted: 08 November 2006 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2006-03-09

ADVERT1.jpg

Hello there, here is a selection of tracks due to our current release - ‘Cassettes’, documenting entire Narrow’s catalogue. The contents of ‘Cassettes’ range between found noise and synthie, feel free to take a listen at the following links (four titles taken from ‘Afterwork’ 3”).

Intuition
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2zbrww

Propaganda
http://www.sendspace.com/file/55i5y8

The Dynamic Age
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zelfqv

So Young, So Old
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s9jumi

1 of 1

Track ID D      |     Los Iniciados anno 2006 ››