RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2005-12-07

ARTICLE
‘‘So Coldwave IS Electro with guitars?’‘
Posted on Wednesday, September 28 @ 18:30:30 MDT
Topic: 
Found online quite a while ago:

- “cold wave is new wave without the ridiculous attitude the world could be any better and wthout the anger punk brought into this world.”

- “nice description…but there is some coldwave there that has some anger (I think of d-stop, or perhaps it is punk?). As a sound you could say it sounds like the postpunk of groups like joy division but mostly with electronic percussion and some synth and a bit more raw on the punk side, at least that is most of the stuff i would describe as cold wave.”
——————————————————————————————————————————-

D-stop:D-stop- synth punk:synth punk! 

cold wave::::out in the snow,naked with an erectal cyclopse, while playing the viola,bombs exploding ,tears of passion icicleling down your nipplige…

....Frio wave forever…..

romancing the bone,

Ramiro Jeancarlo

Signature 

NO USER SERVICABLE PARTS INSIDE

Posted: 09 December 2005 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  319
Joined  2005-11-12

.....sounds more like hot miami waves to me.

raspberry

Posted: 09 December 2005 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

so D-stop you don’t consider coldwave? What about tracks like Pseudo Code - waiting for zorro and mecanique rythmique - extase?

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 09 December 2005 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-07

WOW:::: those are like a la hardcore punk bra!!!

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2005 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

I guess I am uncomfortable to call it ‘synth punk’, I have to think of Crash Course in Science :oops:

oh well.

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 09 December 2005 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  319
Joined  2005-11-12

haha

you can’t take miami seriously

ever.

Posted: 09 December 2005 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-07

OOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEOOH!!!!!!  .................................................................................is there an exit???? show’m the way raspberry

Signature 

Posted: 18 December 2005 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2005-12-04

hmmm i would say that D. Stop leads mostly to the french punk scene, in this time we not really “separated” the categories into electronic punk, synth or so…even for Métal Urbain it was simply called punk and depending on the french punk scene of those times…this is just a question about the techinc they used…not a reason to put them into a segragate style section.

hm and Cold Wave for me….i don’t know but i also think we have a typical french cold wave scene you can’t really compare to the Joy Division fields. The french cold wave stuff also come from this underground punk scene mostly, of course they had influences of the postpunk scene but also a HUGE influence from the french punk generation. Moreover, i would say they had a lot of influenes from the older french musicians and scenes that came out in the 70’s…well…this is my french point of view about it… smile

Signature 

D’un sillon l’autre…

1 of 1