1 of 1
Just a question
Posted: 25 September 2009 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2000-11-09

I wonder if I “am in the wrong forum” for years now ?
I also remember this track haunting me for years

I also saw some of the MW fans love this as being a cult NDW thing.
So obviously I want to know what you think about it ?
Let me know,
Let me also know if you think my first question was appropriate.

Ton

May I have your votes please !

Posted: 25 September 2009 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2006-03-18

Thanks Ton for sharing this with us. Now I will have to try and remove this horrible song from my memory again and cry myself to sleep.  :cry:

But in what sense do you feel out of place? What do you expect to get out of this forum? This forum as far as I can judge is one of the better informed. I frequent fora where certain members don’t even have a proper graps of what Industrial, Minimal Electro/Wave, EBM or synthpop are…..  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Also, you could try and change things for the better by starting new threads yourself about relevant subjects which you think are interesting. Something “more intellectual” then an open thread, where everybody can decide to be intellectual or not,  like “What are listening to at the moment?”  :wink:

And before you hurt my feelings, I was listening earlier to some brilliant records by a certain obscure minimal/ synthpop legend Ensemble Pittoresque. When wil there be a re-release of “Frequenz” bij de weg… It’s long over due!

Signature 

Brian Eno sank my battleship

Posted: 26 September 2009 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2000-11-09

[quote author=“AirCrashBureau”]Thanks Ton for sharing this with us. Now I will have to try and remove this horrible song from my memory again and cry myself to sleep.  :cry:

I hope you had a good sleep still.
[quote author=“AirCrashBureau”]
But in what sense do you feel out of place? What do you expect to get out of this forum? This forum as far as I can judge is one of the better informed. I frequent fora where certain members don’t even have a proper graps of what Industrial, Minimal Electro/Wave, EBM or synthpop are…..  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I don’t think I’m out of place here. I am just intrigued by what people and why people like music. It might seem like a joke that I posted this song but it isn’t really a joke. From getting into contact with this scene in 2006 till now I always wondered how people could like trash quality music. Sometimes I have the feeling some people only like things they are supposed to like because they like to belong to a certain group or scene. I get a feeling these people do exactly the same as in major scenes, namely behaving like sheep and following their leaders.
I don’t think “Fred from Jupiter” is a great song because it uses a CR78 machine. But perhaps this is a scene with “camp” aspects. I just wonder.
Also, you could try and change things for the better by starting new threads yourself about relevant subjects which you think are interesting.

Of course that crossed my mind but I am more a contributor than an initiator. And as I said, this tread is more serious as it looks to you.
And before you hurt my feelings, I was listening earlier to some brilliant records by a certain obscure minimal/ synthpop legend Ensemble Pittoresque. When wil there be a re-release of “Frequenz” bij de weg… It’s long over due!

I don’t think there’s going to be a re-release of Frequenz.
Correction: In this time of threatening law suits and not even being an official band member at that time I should say: If it was up to me, I don’t think a re-release of Frequenz is possible. In my opinion, a re-release should have added value over the original release. The re-issues of Storung and EP on Clogsontronics were truly remastered. I took the original mastertape and made it a better product than it was (certainly technically). Also the re-issues had a Vinyl + CD format.
With Frequenz that concept cannot be followed. I don’t have the original mastertape here and we couldn’t trace it in 2006 which we tried. It would mean that by definition I cannot make it better. A vinyl rip has lost information not recoverable. Also (in theory) the record company VIP (sublabel from Vogue) still holds the rights on the album.

1 of 1