1 of 1
ruth
Posted: 13 February 2006 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-02-12

I was never a fan, too poppy for me.

But 20JFG posted a great instrumental this week that is blowing me away.

Anyone have any good recommendations for similar stuff based on this? I’m a relative noob.

Posted: 16 February 2006 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi kevin, I think you should really look for the french minimal synth pop stuff like Moderne, Deux & Vitor Hublot!
Experimental Products, The Actor & Beograd also fit the category.

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 16 February 2006 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2005-12-14

@Spartak : Just for your information, Vitor Hublot is NOT French, but pure Belgian stuff. :wink:

Posted: 17 February 2006 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2006-02-12

[quote author=“Spartak”]Hi kevin, I think you should really look for the french minimal synth pop stuff like Moderne, Deux & Vitor Hublot!
Experimental Products, The Actor & Beograd also fit the category.

Awesome! Thanks, Spartak!!

I really appreciate the recommendations!!

Posted: 17 February 2006 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05
[quote author=“minicold”]@Spartak : Just for your information, Vitor Hublot is NOT French, but pure Belgian stuff. :wink:

Well, they are french-speaking Belgians (hence I wrote with small f)

And to be honoust, it’s just the same.
Belgium isnt a real country anyways, they should end this charade. It has been long enough!

Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2006 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2005-12-14
[quote author=“Spartak”][quote author=“minicold”]@Spartak : Just for your information, Vitor Hublot is NOT French, but pure Belgian stuff. :wink:

Well, they are french-speaking Belgians (hence I wrote with small f)

And to be honoust, it’s just the same.
Belgium isnt a real country anyways, they should end this charade. It has been long enough!

Thanks but no thanks. :wink:
France never provided us artists as Front 242, Klinik, Absolute Body Control, Autumn, Twilight Ritual, Jacques Brel (!),....  (Do I have to continue ?).  Well, Belgium did. raspberry And the expression “French Fries” is not correct, it’s belgian.  And belgian beer is famous all over the world, even in France.  And…and…and…
I’m a Belgian guy and it just feels fine. smile 
But, anyway, that’s another discussion.  This is not the right forum for it, isn’t it ?  :wink:

Posted: 17 February 2006 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2006-02-12

Okay, then to bring it back to the topic, are there any Belgian artists who make records comparable to the MP3 I posted above?

:D

Posted: 17 February 2006 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

I think i have a fish on my line LOL

My point is, there is a distinct difference between the wallonian and flemmish artists. The flemmish sound is more related to the dutch where the wallonian was more related to the french one. So whether Belgium would exist as a nation has very little influence on the music itself, as the music from both parts arose from a transregional sociocultural and languistic ‘tradition’, not a national one. Of course, this is my opinion, so you are entitled to not agree if you wish raspberry

Signature 

Posted: 02 March 2006 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2005-12-02

[quote author=“kevin”]Okay, then to bring it back to the topic, are there any Belgian artists who make records comparable to the MP3 I posted above?

Yes, Vitor Hublot for example. Just send me a pm if you need anything from this artist.

1 of 1

Minimal Dogs      |     wanted song ››