1 of 2
ABSOLUTE BODY CONTROL "Wind[re]Wind"
Posted: 03 May 2007 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2005-12-06

Absolute Body Control new picture vinyl “Wind [re]Wind” is out!!

Released on Minimal-Maximal, this LP by Absolute Body Control features completely new versions of 10 of their best known tracks, Recorded by Dirk Ivens and Eric van Wonterghem at the Prodam Studios in February 2007. This edition is limited tot 525 copies and moving fast! Checkout audio samples at Minimal-Maximal and Absolute Body Control

Order it at tarantullashop

I ordered my copy allready and hope to have it in the next days smile

Signature 

NEON-WELT Parties & Konzerte

Posted: 03 May 2007 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2005-12-04

mine arrived yesterday!

Signature 

D’un sillon l’autre…

Posted: 03 May 2007 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04

I complained like a baby about this but I’m still ordering it :D :D

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

Posted: 03 May 2007 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

tsk tsk *shakes head*

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 03 May 2007 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04

dunce.png

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

Posted: 06 May 2007 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2007-02-03

these remakes can’t beat the originals.. and i’m seriously disappointed about the crappy digital sound in them.

Posted: 06 May 2007 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2006-02-03
[quote author=“deutschmark”]these remakes can’t beat the originals.. and i’m seriously disappointed about the crappy digital sound in them.

of course! and it is very cheap money making… first the 2cd, then the box, now this… what is next?... remixes by comtemporary artists??!!

Posted: 07 May 2007 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03
[quote author=“M”][quote author=“deutschmark”]these remakes can’t beat the originals.. and i’m seriously disappointed about the crappy digital sound in them.

of course! and it is very cheap money making… first the 2cd, then the box, now this… what is next?... remixes by comtemporary artists??!!

Dear God, no! They can’t be THAT broke, can they??

Posted: 07 May 2007 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2005-12-05

I think it’s a million times better that the original artists finally earns a bit of money for their efforts, no matter how many releases they do, rather than some jokers making bootlegs.

And, as always, it’s a freedom of choice if one wants to buy, right?!

Posted: 07 May 2007 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-03
[quote author=“samen”]I think it’s a million times better that the original artists finally earns a bit of money for their efforts, no matter how many releases they do, rather than some jokers making bootlegs.

Oh, I agree with you thus far! Still… contemporary remixes…  :?

And, as always, it’s a freedom of choice if one wants to buy, right?!

Right - but that does not stop me from whining about artists, releases or possible ideas for releases if and when I don’t like them! wink

Posted: 09 May 2007 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2005-12-14

[quote author=“M”][quote author=“deutschmark”]these remakes can’t beat the originals.. and i’m seriously disappointed about the crappy digital sound in them.

You mean something like this ? : http://www.discogs.com/release/559337

Posted: 09 May 2007 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-03

[quote author=“minicold”][quote author=“M”][quote author=“deutschmark”]these remakes can’t beat the originals.. and i’m seriously disappointed about the crappy digital sound in them.

You mean something like this ? : http://www.discogs.com/release/559337

Did The Actor release his material on cd, then vinyl and then vinyl again??!! Answer: no!

Plus… if you know this record you know your remark makes no sense at all… The concept behind this record is something completely else and the versions are no cheap remixes but all three 100% new versions (cover verisons not remixes)...

Posted: 09 May 2007 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-03

[quote author=“M”]

Did The Actor release his material on cd, then vinyl and then vinyl again??!! Answer: no!

Plus… if you know this record you know your remark makes no sense at all… The concept behind this record is something completely else and the versions are no cheap remixes but all three 100% new versions (cover verisons not remixes)...

Well. Last I heard, The Actor had shelved the project of recording new music (as mentioned in the Reminiscent booklet), opting instead for re-recording the entire “Exploded View” cassette.

The original MC HAS been reissued on CD via Trumpett, btw a nice reissue job which I’m happy to own, and tracks from this release have been used on several compilations over the last few years.
The song Covergirl has been re-recorded by The Actor in 1984 (twice), 1985, reissued in 1999, then re-recorded again in 2005. Many music fans would prefer five new songs to five versions of the same song.

I have every confidence that if the Actor had made enough ‘minimal’ material for a 5LP box set, and someone had approached them to release said box set, they would approve it…

And again, it’s not that I disapprove of these multiple reissues, but no need to slag ABC off for all their reissues and defend the Actor’s.

r

Posted: 09 May 2007 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-03

[quote author=“reactorlgtn”][quote author=“M”]

Well. Last I heard, The Actor had shelved the project of recording new music (as mentioned in the Reminiscent booklet), opting instead for re-recording the entire “Exploded View” cassette.

The original MC HAS been reissued on CD via Trumpett, btw a nice reissue job which I’m happy to own, and tracks from this release have been used on several compilations over the last few years.
The song Covergirl has been re-recorded by The Actor in 1984 (twice), 1985, reissued in 1999, then re-recorded again in 2005. Many music fans would prefer five new songs to five versions of the same song.

I have every confidence that if the Actor had made enough ‘minimal’ material for a 5LP box set, and someone had approached them to release said box set, they would approve it…

And again, it’s not that I disapprove of these multiple reissues, but no need to slag ABC off for all their reissues and defend the Actor’s.

r

Non of The Actor issues you mention have any commercial value expect for the 10” I released… not that this record did make break-even… so what are we talking about…

And… I am not sure at all The Actor would approve the thing you metion… also he has not enough material at all for a 2cd,  5 lp box and another vinyl… it is really a different world and situation… if you do want to see it fine… but it simply is!

Posted: 09 May 2007 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-03

and I do not slag ABC… it is mainly the lack of creativity of the labels I make a remark about… but I know most people in this world do not dare to speak out any criticism at all… let alone to some specific people, artist, labels…

Posted: 10 May 2007 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2007-02-21

Morning everybody,

I kinda continue to fail to see what the problem is with “too many” releases??

You can buy different versions of the same song on different media - you can, but you don’t have to! At least not where I live, that is ... smile

Now it’s a different story if you’ve got a yearly subscription to everything released on a single label, and you then start to feel that what you get out of your package deal is not really what you think you should.

But otherwise, generally I think too few releases are more of a problem than too many. Running a minimal synth label is a lot of effort while you don’t necessarily become independently wealthy in the process like the majors, so good thing some people are still doing it.

And if a release lacks creativity/quality/style, chances are few people are gonna buy it. Especially true in our small world.  :wink:

1 of 2