Joined  2005-12-08

at http://www.myspace.com/elektronik

Posted: 23 March 2007 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2007-02-21

Hi,

Sorry if I am distracting people from real music like yours with my nonsense thread, but no beastliness aforethought smile

Foreverafter is a fantastic track, can’t stop listening to it. If only it was a bit longer….

Posted: 23 March 2007 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2005-12-08

[quote author=“falck”]Hi,

Sorry if I am distracting people from real music like yours with my nonsense thread, but no beastliness aforethought smile

Foreverafter is a fantastic track, can’t stop listening to it. If only it was a bit longer….

Glad you like it! Foreverafter was originally almost 5 min long, but I cut it down because I felt that someone might get bored if they listen to something that long… Maybe I will redo an exclusive “5 min mix for falck”...smile

Posted: 23 March 2007 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-21

Now I feel deeply flattered, TIA :oops:

But seriously, it’s always a juggling game, isn’t it?

All those wonderful “extended remixes” from the 80s, a mere 8 or 9 minutes long and half of them had Jellybean written on them.  :evil: Propaganda’s P-Machinery 12” (9:20) is one of the very few that actually work for me.

But back to the fresh things, given that the vocals of “Foreverafter” only kick in after a minute, for me this song really is begging for a relaunch with a vengeance of at least another minute the moment it stops. Looking forward to the 5 minutes :wink:

Posted: 23 March 2007 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-08

I try to keep my song lengths to a minimum because if I don’t, I will just get into this zone and make all of them way too long. Sometimes I can overdo it though.
I know it can be frustrating when you have to play a song twice to get your fix….

Posted: 23 March 2007 03:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03
[quote author=“falck”]Propaganda’s P-Machinery 12” (9:20) is one of the very few that actually work for me.

One of the FEW? You gotta be trolling me?

I agree most of the 12” mixes of P:Machinery are wonderful, as indeed most 12” mixes from ZTT’s Golden Years, but I must say I generally love the Extended Version type mix - as long as it’s a track I like at least…

Do you like the ‘90’s style “DJ” type remix, where “remix and additional production” credits let some guy, possibly hip that week, made a dance track that had little or nothing in common with the original song? Or are you a purist who does not want another version of the song?

C’mon, explain yourself.

Meanwhile, I’ll go to the Segni Veloci MySpace page and try and get this thread back to it’s original topic wink

Posted: 23 March 2007 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-08

!!!

Its getting hot in here! :D

Posted: 23 March 2007 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-21

Yeah, indeed, I’ve just been offered a troll smile

Reactorlgtn:

You can try as hard as you might, I will never troll you. And I don’t want to be trolled by you either either. It’s just not the done thing in Germany :D

Extended remixes from the eighties DID add to the song at times, but only when they were within reasonable bounds regarding their lengths and the level of creativity that went into them. Anne Clark’s single and extended version of Sleeper in Metropolis which sound rather different are a positive example for me here.

But again, I was more referring to the 7 to 10 minutes attrocities - like i.e. the 7:44 version of Gina X’s “Drive my car” (yawn) or the “Big in Japan” 7:25 - version which turns a perfect song into a chewing gum.

Catherine:

Sorry, the boys are messing with your thread again, but as you can see this time it’s all reactorlgtn’s fault. I wasn’t even near it when it happened.

I’d say your absolutely right on principle that minimal synth songs shouldn’t be too long, most of the ones that kinda define the genre aren’t.

Thinking about it a long “minimal” song is a contradition in terms, isn’t it? Still there’s one I heard recently which I think is too short.  :wink:

Anyone interested in a 9:15 version of Love is strange, BTW?  LOL

Posted: 23 March 2007 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-08

Believe me, this is nothing compared to some of the other shit I have heard today!

Either way, you people are making me laugh. I needed that, work is super stressful today! Damn lawyers and laws!

Posted: 23 March 2007 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-21

Ma che ha successo con Bella Italia?  smile

So this is your real self, then?

Posted: 23 March 2007 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-08

[quote author=“falck”]Ma che ha successo con Bella Italia?  smile

So this is your real self, then?

I got bored and wanted to change my flag!

what do you mean by “real self”?

Posted: 23 March 2007 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-21

Well, what you see below “falck” is a picture of me (not wearing my glasses, though), now, is that a picture of you?  :D

Posted: 23 March 2007 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-08

LOL.

Yes, I have taken on the form of a cartoon.

Posted: 23 March 2007 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-03-01

Are you Italian?

Posted: 23 March 2007 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-03

Skipping the avatars for the nonce, if that’s what one skips avatars for,

Foreverafter IS super duper! I suggest you keep it just as it is though, you could always upload an additional Falckmix… I completely disagree with you as re playing songs twice if they’re too short. I do it all the time and it works :-D

I’ve listened to Toda Despierta as well, another good one, although I think it should have vocals, and I’m listening to squares now. Way to go!

Falck: The “Sounds Like A Melody” 12” is more like it though, don’t you reckon?
As for Gina X’s “Drive My Car”, well obviously if a crap song is turned into a longer crap song, it will be crapper… *cough cough*

Posted: 23 March 2007 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-03
[quote author=“uriel7”]Are you Italian?

And are you Israeli?

1 of 2

Nina Belief      |     "Glue Wave" and Other stuff.. ››