Minimal synth questions
Posted: 28 December 2005 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi!

I’ve got two questions that I need to get answered:

1. In this sites music section, there is a Linear Movement tune called “The Game”. Where was it originally released?

2. Anybody got a clue about wich song this might be: Purely synthetic with catchy melodies and female vocals. Sounds to me as if part of the lyrics/chorus would be something like “Modern city sleeps at night, somebody put the lights out”.

Answers/suggestions highly apprecited!

/J

Posted: 28 December 2005 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2005-12-14

About your first question (Linear Movemant) ; I’ll ask Peter Bonne the next time I see him. :wink:  Anyway, this song never appeared on tape or cdr; thus it has to be a song that appeared on a compilation I believe.
I’ll let you know.

Posted: 28 December 2005 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  319
Joined  2005-11-12

funny.

I wrote to Peter Bonne earlier today asking him about the details!

This track will be on a compilation that we have planned for 2006.

:D

Posted: 28 December 2005 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2005-12-05

One down…

Thanks for the info, minicold and Snowy!

/J

Posted: 30 December 2005 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  319
Joined  2005-11-12

Peter writes:

“The Game” was never included in a Micrart tape release in those days.  It only appeared on compilations here and there.  There was just one 30min K7 released officially, which was ‘Pulse Music’, containing the first 5 tracks of the current CD release ‘Pulse Music’.  Some other tracks from that CD appeared on the ‘Line Compilation’, which had also tracks from Autumn’s ‘Not Afraid To Die’ and Twilight Ritual.
The compilation was put together in a period when the differences between the ongoing projects was just becoming clear in terms of style, hence the mismatch about some tracks (“The Game” listed as Autumn; “Night In June” listed as Linear Movement, even ‘Lifestyle’ listed as LMO ...)  That’s why we sometimes mention double artist names on our website : Autumn/LMO for CD ‘Not Afraid to Die’ and Autumn/TWR for CD ‘Domestica/Kraut”.

...et voilĂ !

ps. check the Autumn and Linear Movement pages for new (old) photos.

Posted: 03 January 2006 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2005-12-02

If I’m not mistaken, “The Game” didn’t appear on the “Line Compilation” from 1983, at least not on the one I have at home, or maybe there are different editions of this “Line Compilation”?

Posted: 04 January 2006 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2005-12-30
[quote author=“chevalier”]If I’m not mistaken, “The Game” didn’t appear on the “Line Compilation” from 1983, at least not on the one I have at home, or maybe there are different editions of this “Line Compilation”?

read again wink

nowhere is mentioned that The Game appeared on the Line Comp

Signature 

Monoton und minimal

Posted: 04 January 2006 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2005-12-01

It’s just unclear when he says “The compilation was put together”, which compliation he is talking about.  If he is talking about The Line Compilation then he has contradicted himself, but if he is referring to all of these other compilations then it’s just confusing.

1 of 1