1 of 1
Pop Terrible (26 nov):RA-X vs. Das Kabinett des Doktor Galig
Posted: 07 November 2006 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2006-02-03

Sunday afternoon 26 November

Sunday afternoon 26 November Enfant Terrible organizes the third edition of the Pop Terrible event. During this edition there will be live performance by RA-X and a screening of Das Kabinett des Doktor Galigari.

RA-X is active since 1993 as the Dutch elektro originator. His sound is loud, harsh and distorted and has been released on many aclaimed labels like KK Records and Kommando 6.  Starting out with minimal equipment and recording straight to cassette tape, RA-X (a.k.a. Vincent Koreman) helped shape the sound of the Dutch underground in the early years, before elektro became a trend.

RA-X will play selected liveshows in Europe with the German silent movie Das Kabinett des Dr. Caligari. The soundtrack he delivers ranges from subtle drony and doomy sounds to pulsating crackle and soundeffects. RA-X makes an hybrid between a movie soundtrack and an audio adventure.

The film itself is from 1919 and seen worldwide as one of the earliest horrormovies ever made and stylistically important for modern cinema. This movie is truly a classic in silent film with its hypnotic camerawork, strange and alienating decors and art direction.

For more information on Pop Terrible see: http://www.enfant-terrible.nl/popterrible

Mood control: dj M.
Damage: 6 Euro
!! Time: 15:00 – 18:00 hour !!
Place: De Kelder, Lieve Vrouwestraat 15, Amersfoort

The venue is near the central station with trains stopping from/to Germany and is located in the center of the town near a cheap and good hotel.

People from outside The Netherlands whom want tickets please contact M. at info @ enfant-terrible.nl

popt3_lrg.jpg

Posted: 07 November 2006 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04

Like I said in my email wink
I like some of RA-X’s work.
This is going to be a great event! hopefully some video will surface somewhere.

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

Posted: 10 November 2006 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2006-02-03

[quote author=“cr-78”]Like I said in my email wink
I like some of RA-X’s work.
This is going to be a great event! hopefully some video will surface somewhere.

I will see if I can find somebody to put something to film…

Posted: 10 November 2006 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04

That’ll be great!

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

1 of 1