1 of 1
This Month Special Offer: Sensor - Naked CD € 6.90! Be fast!
Posted: 20 July 2011 03:28 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-07-20

This Month Special Offer: Sensor - Naked CD € 6.90! Be fast!

Side-Line:

Sensor isn’t exactly the kind of band I expected on Intuition Records. Well, it seems that the label wanted to open their horizon by fishing in the wide pop pool. Sensor is a Russian band that we commonly would define as pop. The content is much more diversified reflecting a wider bunch of influences. This debut-cd brings different styles together that finally resulted in a kind of pop approach. The stones of this construction have been built by elements, mainly rock, new wave and techno music. The pop style is quite indie-like. I’m especially referring to the gorgeous “Falling Insane”-song. This song evolved towards a wild techno part reminding me of Praga Kahn. The electro-techno sounds are brilliant while the guitar parts lifting the song are irresistible. A few other songs like “Let Me Hold On To This Moment” and “Off-White Trash” are less techno-inspired, but keep on the fascination proving that indie music can be cool as well. Singer Ilya Pavlov sounds closer to an experienced English singer than a Russian artist, and is for sure partly responsible for the quality of this band as well. In times where the success of electro-pop music is far behind us, a band like Sensor can maybe reactivate this flame!

Chain DLK:

Born in Russia in 2005 thanks to an idea of Ilya Pavlov (vocal, keyboards), Andrey Smayev (drums, programming ), Dmitriy Kozlov (guitar, synthesizers, back-vocal) and followed soon by Alexey Bogatkov (bass guitar), Sensor is the first pop release for Intuition Records. Gathering the best mood of the 80’s music, the band is promoted as a mix of Frankie Goes To Hollywood and U2. Well, listening to NAKED I might hazard that they are more than that. More than a copy of the best mood of a decade. Ilya Pavlov is able to make you remember INXS, The Sound, Echo & The Bunnymen (like on the opening “Naked”) and Frankie Goes To Hollywood but playing their tunes with an energy that the original bands didn’t have. The modern synth arrangements help a lot into refreshing the sound and will make you understand that the band only wanted to use the best melodic ideas to pack a debut album that will astonish every lover of those sounds. On the short “All I get is…” the band is able to change mood and to write a song that will make you remember the smooth sounds of This Mortal Coil just to push the gas pedal on the following “Static” where a funky bass introduce a strong energetic tune. Good record indeed!

BUY IT NOW: http://othervoicesrecords.com/pages/vox05.html

1 of 1