1 of 1
New split vinyl EP by Machinepop and Imiafan
Posted: 12 September 2006 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2006-09-12

Four track vinyl EP released the 17th of August 2006. Limited edition collaboration between Electronic Obsession and 4MG Records in 500 copies, 250 on each label. The 250 on Electronic Obsession are individually numbered with inserts and the sleeve comes in three different versions.

Here, on the first vinyl release, Machinepop continues with one exploration of the dance floor phenomena “Stroboskop” (Stroboscope, lyrics in both swedish and english) and a tribute to the wonderful and quirky synths of late 70’s manufacturer EDP called “Electronic Dream Plant”. The sound is still all analogue, sequencer controlled and heavily vocoded pop music in the vein of the Normal, Aviador Dro and Telex.

ImiAFan from Slovakia is making minimal experimental electro and electronica mainly inspired by long gone heroes of the late 80’s though the most obvious influence must be Kraftwerk. On this, his second vinyl release (not counting compilations), you can hear the original version of “Toothpaste” with haunting vocoded vocals and also a version of “TelevĂ­zor”.

Price is 60 SEK/7 EUR/9 USD and includes shipping anywhere on this planet!

order here:

Posted: 13 September 2006 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2006-03-14

Good one. I prefer this version of Imiafan’s toothpaste to the remix on Das Drehmoment . I like this dry yet warm way of producing. Good stuff
I’m robotting my way through my room on Dance Stroboscope Dance Stroboscop

8)

kewl

BB

Signature 

HGW XX/7

Posted: 15 September 2006 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2006-09-14

4mg Records release ...

My version is finally available as well.  :D

This one was officially released on September 11, 2006
... with insert card seen on the pictures. Each card is numbered on its back side in that empty white rectangle.

GET YOUR COPY ON LINE AT:
4mg Records

front-smaller.jpg
back-smaller.jpg

Signature 

The Most Microscopic Hits!

Posted: 20 September 2006 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2006-09-12

My cover too…

OK; I guess a picture of the Electronic Obsession version of the same release is appropriate then.  :D

cover_filter.JPG

And thanks to the analogue and minimal synth lovers that found the EP thanks to this site!

Posted: 09 November 2006 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-14

Track samples:

Signature 

The Most Microscopic Hits!

Posted: 19 February 2007 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRank