21/10/10 MinimalWave301- Das Ding LIVE & DJ Veronica Vas
Posted: 15 September 2010 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-09-14

Thursday 21st October 2010

Minimal Wave 301

22:00 – 00:00 Resident DJ’s (Lex Pacific, The Resident)
00:00 – 01:00 Full Live Performance: Das Ding (Minimal Wave / Tear Apart Tapes, NL)
01:00 – 03:00 DJ Veronica Vasicka (Minimal Wave / Stones Throw, US)

An evening of electronic music, with extra special guests Das Ding and Minimal Wave label boss, Veronica Vasicka!

Das Ding is Danny Bosten, who was active in the early 80s releasing his and friends’ music via his own cassette label called Tear Apart Tapes. Powerful & Dark electronics that defy the era they were made as much as embrace it. An beautifully remastered LP of these recordings was recently released on Minimal Wave Recordings (NYC) and has been greeted most enthusiastically by electronics heads worldwide.

Veronica Vasicka is the compiler of 2010’s, The Minimal Wave Tapes ,on Stones Throw Records. and masterbrain behind one of the most exciting re-issue labels in years. Her Minimal Wave label and weekly radio show (on East Village Radio, NYC – which she co-founded) have been a major inspiration to the promoters of this event, and it’s an absolute honour to fly her in for her Dutch DJing debut!.

PopWave301 is a regular event at OT301 and pitches itself as ‘a non too serious night of serious wave, synthpop & electronics’ Previous guests have included James Pants (U.S.) and Aardvarck (NL)….

At OT301
Overtoom 301
Amsterdam
The Netherlands

8 euros

10pm – 3am

Picture+9+1.JPG

Posted: 16 September 2010 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  180
Joined  2007-04-19

Veronica strikes back. Cool. Do you stay longer in good old europe ?
Ltd. 7” (?) ... “grrrrrrr” !

Posted: 17 September 2010 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2006-03-18

I might just show up.

Signature 

Brian Eno sank my battleship

Posted: 20 September 2010 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2005-12-06
[quote author=“AirCrashBureau”]I might just show up.

same with me !!!

Signature 

NEON-WELT Parties & Konzerte

Posted: 21 October 2010 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-10-19

Hi,

I just jumped out of this performance to report.

I completely do not understand what is so special about this evening.
When I was about 20 years of age we had better fun and better bands/performances at our youth centre in Wassenaar.

I pity this guy Danny who thinks he can have his revival now at this evening while the people that I spoke think Veronica is the big attraction here.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Ton

Posted: 22 October 2010 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-10-19

Returned back and I must say Veronica’s DJ part was quite OK.
The only thing I did not understand was the little amount of “Minimal Wave” in her mix. I must admit though that it could be my ears that are deteriorating. I’d like to see the setlist.

Ton

Posted: 22 October 2010 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2010-09-02

I think it was a great night! Really enjoyed the performance of Das Ding, good they are back on stage after all these years. Also bought the 7” from Das Ding that Veronica sold at the party, all three tracks on this release are gold. Is it Veronica singing on the B2 by the way?

Signature 

LEVOYAGE.NL

Posted: 23 October 2010 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05
[quote author=“marsman”]I think it was a great night! Really enjoyed the performance of Das Ding, good they are back on stage after all these years. Also bought the 7” from Das Ding that Veronica sold at the party, all three tracks on this release are gold. Is it Veronica singing on the B2 by the way?

Das Ding was already onstage half a year ago at Nullzeit so make that “months” LOL

Havent heard the 7” yet but what i understood all songs are from back then. The Das Ding & Les Yeux Interdits songs of course most obviously.

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 23 October 2010 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2010-09-02
[quote author=“Spartak”][quote author=“marsman”]I think it was a great night! Really enjoyed the performance of Das Ding, good they are back on stage after all these years. Also bought the 7” from Das Ding that Veronica sold at the party, all three tracks on this release are gold. Is it Veronica singing on the B2 by the way?

Das Ding was already onstage half a year ago at Nullzeit so make that “months” LOL

Havent heard the 7” yet but what i understood all songs are from back then. The Das Ding & Les Yeux Interdits songs of course most obviously.

Diid i say it was their FIRST comeback performance? wink

Signature 

LEVOYAGE.NL

Posted: 17 November 2010 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

So anyways—-

-who got me a copy of the single then? Anyone have a spare?

Posted: 17 November 2010 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2007-02-03

[quote author=“reactorlgtn”]So anyways—-

-who got me a copy of the single then? Anyone have a spare?

+1, i need two smile

1 of 1