1 of 2
The Netherlands
Posted: 16 July 2010 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-11-01

I know it’s urgent, because I need it today, but I couldn’t ask you earlier *sorry*
But I know, here are the experts (looking to Spartak :wink: )

I need to know some more minimal synth bands from the Netherlands. More than Nine Circles, Twilight Ritual, Plus instruments, Surplus Stock, Scatterbrains, Ensemble Pittoresque, Ende Shneafliet and The Actor…

Thank you so much :D

Posted: 17 July 2010 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2007-02-21

*cough* well if I’m not completely mistaken Twilight Ritual are Belgian and Surplus Stock were an Anlgo-German outfit with the only Dutch connection being their album title “Holland in Not” (which for some reason reminds me of the World Cup Final, strange).

Well, I hear someone loosely connected with this site released Das Ding, then there’s bijvoorbeeld Smalts, Van Kaye & Ignit, Bert Bartens…

Over to Spart… :wink:

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

Das Ding and Les Yeux Interdits

and that guy on the Rotterdam COllection LP… Steve.

And half the releases on Plexus are good, it’s mostly a bit more experimental but I enjoyed Kiem’s output on the label, as well as the foreigners like Rescue one, Frieder Butzmann and the YMO side projects…

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2005-12-06

however the FIX PLANET comp says “ENGLAND” above Surplus Stock - so play it grin

Signature 

NEON-WELT Parties & Konzerte

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-11-01

Hihi, ok… I do it completly wrong with Twilight Ritual, so I can’t use them tonight, but I still can play ‘Let’s kill each other’ of Surplus Stock, because it will be a ‘holländisches UK - Special’  :wink:

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

hi madame T,

are you holding a dutch night? don’t forget to serve bitterballen to make the night complete.

i wouldnt say i’m an expert in the dutch field, just because i happen to be dutch…but i do know some nice bands not yet mentioned smile

surplus stock isnt dutch but english iirc, twilight ritual is indeed flemish.

let’s see are we talking strictly synth ? so no post punk / new wave a la mecano? 

Of course there’s mekanik kommando, a modest proposal, xymox (first ep!).
Obscure stuff known from flexi-pop would be neutronics and la valse.

Then you have the tape scene with les yeux interdits (youth buddy of das ding,also performed at nullzeit), the whole trumpett scene (also doxa sinistra, the more industrial side of ende shneafliet), rob smit of kubus cassettes, genetic factor (check don’t enter the poolroom now!), beats per minute (check unchested) and ruud kluivers (stampende machines), gerrit hoekema (werkdag van een arbeider),
sluik of course and his pals ma colle (check funeral!) and paay.

Hope that helps!

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-11-01

[quote author=“reactorlgtn”]Das Ding and Les Yeux Interdits

Rescue one

I will have ‘Das Ding’ in my playlist. It was a nice Concert in Rotterdam :D

Do you mean the ‘Rescue one’ with ‘Movie Viewers’???

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

oystein also has a very nice and obscure dutch tape…

Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

[quote author=“MadameT”][quote author=“reactorlgtn”]Das Ding and Les Yeux Interdits

Rescue one

I will have ‘Das Ding’ in my playlist. It was a nice Concert in Rotterdam :D

Do you mean the ‘Rescue one’ with ‘Movie Viewers’???

was a great surprise having you there!

ps: didnt you receive the promo cd at the entrance that night? some of the songs i mentioned are on that cd.

Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-11-01
[quote author=“Spartak”]are you holding a dutch night? don’t forget to serve bitterballen to make the night complete.

I prefer ‘Pommes Special’ und Bami… I love Bami :D

I will send a radio show tonight focused on the dutch minimal scene an some british stuff.

[quote author=“Spartak”]

let’s see are we talking strictly synth ? so no post punk / new wave a la mecano? 

I have got Mecano, Clan of Xymox, A Modest Proposal and of course Ende Shneafliet in my playlist.
Doxa Sinistra is too weird for me, I suppose. But perhaps someone can tell me a song which is not tooo chaotic :wink:

[quote author=“Spartak”]Hope that helps!

Thank you Spartak :D

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

[quote author=“Spartak”]hi madame T,

are you holding a dutch night? don’t forget to serve bitterballen to make the night complete.

Or raw herring with ditto onion? GAH!

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

[quote author=“reactorlgtn”][quote author=“Spartak”]hi madame T,

Or raw herring with ditto onion? GAH!

someone told me it was a nordic thing (hanse trade). they also have raw herring in poland and the baltic countries, and to a lesser extent germany. you should also have it in norway or did you guys live in a cocoon ??

Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05
[quote author=“MadameT”][quote author=“Spartak”]are you holding a dutch night? don’t forget to serve bitterballen to make the night complete.

I prefer ‘Pommes Special’ und Bami… I love Bami :D

I will send a radio show tonight focused on the dutch minimal scene an some british stuff.

[quote author=“Spartak”]

I have got Mecano, Clan of Xymox, A Modest Proposal and of course Ende Shneafliet in my playlist.
Doxa Sinistra is too weird for me, I suppose. But perhaps someone can tell me a song which is not tooo chaotic :wink:

[quote author=“Spartak”]Hope that helps!

Thank you Spartak :D

a lot of the doxa sinsitra songs from via del latte are amazing, also portable electronics is a minimal synth classic although according to beats per minute it was written / produced by him and ruud kluivers…
there are a lot of great doxa sinsitra tracks on both trumpet sounds comps…and conveyor belt of course.

Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

but why a dutch - uk special?

dutch - flemish (the “lowlands”) sounds more logic to me, and you could play a lot of great belgian stuff (as a lot of it was flemish like twilight ritual)  raspberry

das ding lived close to the belgian border back then, and although it probably was a coincidence, he sounds the most flemish of the dutch bands IMO   smile

btw some time ago he told me he saw liaisons dangereuses play live 8O 8O 8O

Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2010 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-11-01

[quote author=“Spartak”]
was a great surprise having you there!

It was such a pleasure to be there and one of my favourite X&O concerts in my whole life :!:

And the reason why I make a dutch UK Special is, because I wanted England to be the winner of the soccer world championship first and then the Netherlands. But my love bring them no success *sorry*

Posted: 17 July 2010 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

don’t blame yourself…it was paul’s fault :!:

Signature 

1 of 2