1 of 1
The Units 7"
Posted: 07 May 2010 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-10-18

One Question to all the experts!

The Units 7” Warm Moving Bodies/I Night exist with two label colours - black & yellow!
Also on the sleeve are differences on the back, with and without distribution informations/address!  :?

Can everbody declare a true first pressing - Discogs list only one release…

Thx in advance

Posted: 11 May 2010 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2005-12-05

im gonna check later and tell u

Posted: 12 May 2010 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

Speaking of The Units, whatever happened to the proposed album “Animals They Dream Of”?  Was it ever recorded?

Posted: 15 May 2010 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  180
Joined  2007-04-19

Who really cares about label colours ? Isn´t it the music we are addicted to?
So ... does someone here have different singles of Rich Wilde´s - The Lady Wants To Be Alone ?? I bought one copy the last days on ovation records ... and as i remember it ( in my ears ) ... it is totally different from the one with the “lady” s head on the picture sleeve. Ohh my ... what am i doing here? Please LADIES and gentlemen forget this writing ov me ( because i´m coming from a party right now, and had some drinks ( beer !!! ) . Maybe it´s more important not to collect or release music, then creating it, ... like Veronica does ( By the way: “Hello, how are you doing?” )! But, oh la la… how about a new chapter here (?) ... different single versions to album ones or what´s there left versions ( Soft Cell - A Man could get lost; Visage - Tar; Daf -Kebab… ; Krupps - Wahre Arbeit, Wahrer Lohn; ...  ) ... oh shit ... good night ... morning ... however

Posted: 17 May 2010 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

Some of us care about pressings, others dont. Personally, I have the yellow label version of the Units single, if anyone wants the matrix no. let me know.

As for Rich Wilde, yes indeed there are two different versions of the song. I think both the covers have a picture of a lady though? Do you want an mp3 and a scan? Feel free to follow up this line of the conversation as it does interest me… for what it’s worth… grin

Posted: 19 May 2010 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2006-03-25

Of course first pressing counts, it’s like collecting art. Music is just mp3 nowadays.

Posted: 01 June 2010 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-05-31

Units 7"

The black label with the small hole is the original.
We repressed it with the yellow label and the large hole.
“Animals” LP was recorded but never released due to last minute fall out with label.
S.R. -The Units

Posted: 04 June 2010 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

Thanks for the info.  Nice to get the dirt straight from the source.

Posted: 06 June 2010 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-10-18

Re: Units 7"

[quote author=“Units”]The black label with the small hole is the original.
We repressed it with the yellow label and the large hole.
“Animals” LP was recorded but never released due to last minute fall out with label.
S.R. -The Units

THX - so much!!!

Posted: 01 July 2010 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-06-30

Sometimes it is quite important to have certain pressings, as often the sound quality differs. You’d think first pressings would be the best, but it’s not always the case. And of course often there is no difference. I do find this kind of thing fascinating. The Units LP… could any of the new supercool re-issue labels pick up on this? Do original masters exist? It would be great to hear! All the best.

1 of 1