Posted: 28 February 2010 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  346
Joined  2008-12-12

It’s sad news.
I love this band,they made great records,
they are a reference for me.
i hope it will not attract people who are becoming pseudo fans because of this news.
My thoughts are with his family.

Posted: 28 February 2010 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

[quote author=“Soldatenkino”]
i hope it will not attract people who are becoming pseudo fans because of this news.

8O 8O

so, if Larry is gone, his music is supposed to be off limits for the people who didn’t know it before?
You’re lucky to have discovered Joy Division in 1979, since otherwise of course, you would have no right to be inspired by their music… Also of course, you stay away from Mozart, Bach, Schubert and all those guys who made music before you were born, right?

In fact, I think I must have misunderstood you. Of course, you hope that Section XIV will not be forgotten, but that their music will continue to elevate and inspire future generations, right?

Posted: 28 February 2010 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2006-03-18

[quote author=“reactorlgtn”][quote author=“Soldatenkino”]

8O 8O

so, if Larry is gone, his music is supposed to be off limits for the people who didn’t know it before?
You’re lucky to have discovered Joy Division in 1979, since otherwise of course, you would have no right to be inspired by their music… Also of course, you stay away from Mozart, Bach, Schubert and all those guys who made music before you were born, right?

In fact, I think I must have misunderstood you. Of course, you hope that Section XIV will not be forgotten, but that their music will continue to elevate and inspire future generations, right?

Err… Section XIV?  :wink:

Signature 

Brian Eno sank my battleship

Posted: 28 February 2010 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

:?  (counts on fingers)

argh
so much for righteous indignation… Let’s say XXV, then.

Anyway, point is, maybe they were forgotten in their time, but obviously this must be a chance to remember the music that Larry made?

1 of 1

Recommendations please.      |     Synthetic Romance ››