1 of 2
Live acts: backing tapes or…?
Posted: 27 June 2006 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2005-12-02

Flexx will also release a split 12” with “Twilight Ritual” and “Peppermint Lounge”.  If only we could hear Twilight Ritual playing live all their great hits from the past :wink:

Posted: 22 June 2006 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2005-12-14
[quote author=“chevalier”]Flexx will also release a split 12” with “Twilight Ritual” and “Peppermint Lounge”.  If only we could hear Twilight Ritual playing live all their great hits from the past :wink:

I did hear them playing last year in the Cocteau in Gent (Belgium): it was a kind of try out and it sounded very well. smile
After the gig, I asked Peter why he didn’t play “I Never Called You A Dream”.  His answer : “I didn’t dare to play it because this song is a kind of “collage” of different tape-material that were “glued” together afterwards.  So, we cannot play this “live”.”  I immediately explained him that in the actual new wave scene nothing is really live and that most of them play with a DAT or mini-disc.  Peter is really interested in doing some more live gigs.  I told him that in Antwerp we have a Belgian Independant Music Festival (BIM) every month of December and that Twilight Ritual would be a kind of group that could have their place there.  If only I could convince the BIM-people now. :?

Posted: 23 June 2006 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-02

I convinced him (Peter) already for my festival in October :wink:

Posted: 23 June 2006 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2005-12-04

yes, yes, minicold, try to convince them for BIM!
Chevalier, yes yes too! lol

Signature 

D’un sillon l’autre…

Posted: 23 June 2006 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2005-12-04
[quote author=“chevalier”]I convinced him (Peter) already for my festival in October :wink:

More details please!  :D
I’ll be in Barcelona during October and would love to make it to that!
Belgium is just around the corner!

Signature 

It’s all about the aboveground!

Posted: 23 June 2006 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2006-04-10

I immediately explained him that in the actual new wave scene nothing is really live and that most of them play with a DAT or mini-disc. 

:?  and you still call that “live” ??? I don’t see the interest of seing puppets miming on the CD I can play in my room…  :? I think it’s a shame :cry:

Posted: 23 June 2006 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-02
[quote author=“cr-78”][quote author=“chevalier”]I convinced him (Peter) already for my festival in October :wink:

The 14th of October in OJC Kompas in Sint-Niklaas.

Posted: 23 June 2006 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-04
[quote author=“chevalier”][quote author=“cr-78”][quote author=“chevalier”]I convinced him (Peter) already for my festival in October :wink:

The 14th of October in OJC Kompas in Sint-Niklaas.

Great! and it’s confirned completly?
Who else will be playing? you said festival :D

I might go to Belgium first and then head to Barcelona then.

Signature 

Posted: 23 June 2006 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-02

If everything turns out well, the bands that will perform this night will be: 2VM, Analysis Oppenheimer and Twilight Ritual.

Posted: 23 June 2006 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-04

Nice!
Hopefully I’ll make it!

Signature 

Posted: 23 June 2006 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-04

Hey K.
We should meet up like last year!

Signature 

Posted: 23 June 2006 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2005-12-14
[quote author=“chevalier”]If everything turns out well, the bands that will perform this night will be: 2VM, Analysis Oppenheimer and Twilight Ritual.

Nice ! Then we will meet each other for the first time, I suppose. :wink:

Posted: 23 June 2006 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2006-02-03

[quote author=“alanbyond”]I immediately explained him that in the actual new wave scene nothing is really live and that most of them play with a DAT or mini-disc. 

:?  and you still call that “live” ??? I don’t see the interest of seing puppets miming on the CD I can play in my room…  :? I think it’s a shame :cry:

I totally agree!!!

Posted: 23 June 2006 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-10

thanks M smile  8)

Posted: 24 June 2006 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2005-12-06

Ok, DAF use about 40 tapedecks on stage and use them for backing most of the music…
That wasn’t ashaming ???

Just realise, that the artists of the old favourite bands are simply geting older today and mostly can’t bring the music live to the audience…

My experience with doing the NEON-WELT events with these great musicians of the past is, that they try their best to do it live as much as possible, but also want to present a good performance.
I think it is not the biggest problem, to use DAT or MD on stage, if they try to entertain the people and the performance fits the music.

And:
TWILIGHT RITUAL will also play at the NEON-WELT on 07.october, together with 2VM and another band…

Signature 

NEON-WELT Parties & Konzerte

Posted: 24 June 2006 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-10

“Just realise, that the artists of the old favourite bands are simply geting older today and mostly can’t bring the music live to the audience… “

It’s not an answer. If they can’t play live… what are they doing on stage ??? Revival for Revival’ sake ?? What’s the use ? I thought Live show was more than a playback… There is a misunderstanding between you and I…  I see the MADONNA way of doing playback show have made sons… :cry:

1 of 2