1 of 1
Looking for tunes similar to this…
Posted: 06 May 2009 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-05-04

Hi,

there’s this weird tune by the short-lived Swedish project called Baard, it released only one single in 1982 but these two songs have really drawn my attention ever since, I love the ultra minimalistic rhythyms and primitive production, not to mention the very sophisticated lyrics which are in my opinion were uncommon in this genre.

So I’d like to ask you if you know anything similar in sound and vocals, this is a very destincitve style and probably not everyone’s cup of tea.

thx for your help

Signature 

"Everyday I feel a little more optimistic"

Posted: 06 May 2009 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2009-02-20

you could tune in at http://www.xwaveradio.com on weekend a lot of minimal electro wave play there. and maybe you could find some inetresting track.

J-F

Signature 

Le docteur est la!

http://www.xwaveradio.com
Minimal Electro Wave all weekend long

Posted: 06 May 2009 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2007-03-07

You might then like the group “This Perfect Day ” from Sweden.  I would also highly recommend the Maskindans Compilation from Hommage.no.

Posted: 07 May 2009 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

It’s a frightfully difficult question, though! What would be similar to Baard? It’s one of my favourite records, but what is it that makes it so great - and do other records carry that particular quality?

In terms of “early eighties slash underground slash Sweden”, it could be you would find similarities to 18E Oktober, Molun Rouge (Noir), Glenn Winter, Seppuku, Mats Olofson, Moss Garten,  hmmm… even NASA or Twice a Man?

In terms of “great, somewhat melodic but still dark and underground”, it could be stuff like Moderne, Iko ‘83, Chris Glowalla, Amie Marie, Monopol, Vice Versa, Tone Set, Video Liszt, The Actor, Richard Bone, Psychich Youth, Disco Volante, Inertia, Scarlet Architect, Voice Farm, Informatics, Trick 17 and a score of others MIGHT be of interest…

It’d be cool to hear what you find and what you like!

Posted: 07 May 2009 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

What? did nobody mention ausgang verboten?

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 07 May 2009 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

El Aviador Dro E Sus Obreros Especializados!

1 of 1