1 of 1
Roland MSQ-700
Posted: 03 January 2009 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2009-01-01

Hello all ^^

I bought Roland MSQ-700 sequencer a long time ago, but recently, I bought a Yamaha RX-11 rhythm machine. I am trying to sync it with a sequencer but it doesn’t work. All the cords are connected corectly and RX-11 is set to a right MIDI mode. Does anyone know what is a problem?
Could it be that two different brands do not want to “cooperate”? :?:

Thank you

Signature 

Minimaliztik Arroganz

Posted: 03 January 2009 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

I don’t know those models in particular, but I know that some old Roland gear had what looked like MIDI jacks (5-pin DIN connectors) but was actually a different system.  I used to have a Roland SH101 and an MC202 which I could sync together using a MIDI cable but I couldn’t sync them to my Korg DDD1 drum machine without a separate sync box (in my case a Korg KMS30).

Posted: 03 January 2009 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2009-01-01

Oh I see now!
When I plug the drum machine into the MIDI In/Out at the sequencer, it works (can control the tempo, load, ...). But at the same time, I need synth MIDI cables to plug at the same place. As I was thinking, if only I could plug both (drum machine and synth) of them in in the same place. If you know what I mean… So a sync box can be used for that matter?

Signature 

Minimaliztik Arroganz

Posted: 20 January 2009 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-17

MIDI Out from the drum machine into the MIDI In of the sequencer.  MIDI Out of the sequencer into the MIDI In of the synth.  You will have to swap cables when you want to record into the sequencer, taking the MIDI Out of the synth into the MIDI In of the sequencer.

Hope that helps.

Posted: 21 January 2009 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2009-01-01

[quote author=“Ollie_Stench”]MIDI Out from the drum machine into the MIDI In of the sequencer.  MIDI Out of the sequencer into the MIDI In of the synth.  You will have to swap cables when you want to record into the sequencer, taking the MIDI Out of the synth into the MIDI In of the sequencer.

Hope that helps.

Hello again and thanks for the reply ^^
I’ve done everything as you said. And everything works, however, the sequence and the beat do not play in sync whatsoever :(

But I appreciate your help and thanks a lot ^^

Signature 

Minimaliztik Arroganz

Posted: 21 January 2009 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-17

make sure the sequencer clock is set to “external” or “MIDI”.  If it is on the internal clock it will not take the sync from the drum machine.

1 of 1

Name that Korg!      |     I want a synth... Yamaha CS-15? ››