4 of 4
Dark/Danceable minimal synth/wave? I need more of it
Posted: 16 August 2008 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2008-07-19
[quote author=“Spartak”]About everything by Absolute Body control, Deux, IKO, cosmic overdose, The Actor! some songs by Drinking Electricity (f.i. news peak), Crash Course ...Basking Sharks!

I heartily second Absolute Body Control, especially their new “Never Seen EP”

Signature 

<a>
</a>

Posted: 24 August 2008 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-06-09

I picked up the Drinking Electricity “Overload” LP.  I’m loving the song “News Peak” (thanks Spartak) and this is exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for when I started this post. 

Now that I have another reference for what I like (News Peak) can anyone recommend anything else that hasn’t been listed yet. Again something with good dance beat, heavy arppegio synth, spacey chords, vocoders.

Posted: 24 August 2008 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

did you check some of the others like Exp. Products, Moderne, IKO & Deux? they should be right up your alley.
did Michael Garrison, XEX & X-ray Pop get mentioned? Ami Marie - spiel mit mir also is a must!

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 24 August 2008 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2006-08-28

[quote author=“Spartak”]did you check some of the others like Exp. Products, Moderne, IKO & Deux? they should be right up your alley.
did Michael Garrison, XEX & X-ray Pop get mentioned? Ami Marie - spiel mit mir also is a must!

XEX and X-RAY POP ! ! ! two of my favourite bands!
yep, check’em out 8)

Posted: 24 August 2008 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2005-12-14

[quote author=“memoryman”][quote author=“minicold”]
or The Shining Path (their album is really a pearl !)

I’m interested; have any info on this band?

Not really. :?  They have one track that appears on the Flexipop (Tribute, Night or whatever other cdr-bootleg).  All other tracks are more or less in the same vein.  Great stuff.  Bought the record on ebay one or two years ago.  Never seen it again.  Really cool stuff for people who are into minimal wave with slight ebm influences.

Posted: 24 August 2008 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-06-09

I do have the Experimental Products “Glowing in the Dark” EP record (Mannequin is my favorite track on it) and also have the Experimental Products “Work the Beat” flexi 7” which is amazing.

Also have 2 copies of Deux “Europe” and “Felicita”. They are also favorites of mine.
I think I’ve heard some from the other artists (XEX & X-Ray Pop) but will research them again to make sure I didn’t miss something

Posted: 01 September 2008 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

If you go through these compilations,

http://www.oldpunks.com/Analog CyberPunk Page 1.html

and check what’s what on discogs, you’ll have a new wants list of some hundred items.

I don’t know everything on this list, but the ones I know are spot-on.

Ø

4 of 4