1 of 1
Solid State
Posted: 18 March 2006 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-03-17

Does anyone have information on Solid State? I haven’t been able to find anything on them at all. I’m wondering if the members of the group have done anything else. I just know that one song Recalling You that a few comps have, but it’s a favorite of mine. I’d love to hear more. I’ve seen a few singles of theirs on e-bay, but the auctions ended way to high for me. I’m hoping someone rips their music to mp3 soon.

Posted: 18 March 2006 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2005-12-14

Solid State (Belgian group) made only 2 “7’s :
-Recalling You/Movin’ Up (Pogo 1/83)(1983)
-It’s an Obsession/Tears to Fright (Blue Feather 458 43)

I don’t know if members of this group were involved in other projects.

Apart from the song “Recalling You”, the other songs are “normal pop songs”; so nothing speciat at all.  The fact that they go up that high on ebay is due to the stupidity of people that think that everything that is announced under the words “minimal, masterpiece, rare” is something that you really should have in your collection. :wink:

Posted: 18 March 2006 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

it’s a nice synthpop song but I honoustly can’t imagine people go wild over it… same with Tipical Me btw. What’s the range on ebay this record goes for?

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 18 March 2006 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-03-17

I’ve seen the auctions ending at around $30 each. I really love that song, but I wouldn’t want to spend that much money and not like the rest. There is a new group that calls itself Solid State as well.
Thanks for the info.

Posted: 19 March 2006 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

oh, $30 sounds decent if it’s rare. I was expecting exotic prices smile

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 28 July 2006 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2005-12-05

hi…. this is my first time checking these forums in a while… nice to see so many people posting now!

i hope i’m correct here, but i think this statement that A Solid Space only released 2 7"s is incorrect…. the only track i know by them is not listed on these 7"s, it’s called “the 10th planet” and is a fantastic MW track… it comes from a tape release i think… also last time i talked to my friend from a well-known minimal label, they have plans to re-release A Solid Space on CD or vinyl soon….

bye

jason / solvent
http://www.solventcity.com
http://myspace.com/solventcity

Posted: 28 July 2006 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2005-12-05

ooooooooops, Solid State….. sorry i thought it was Solid Space…. i’m sure everybody here already knows what i just said about Solid Space! sorry

Posted: 18 April 2007 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-10-24

The “Tears Of Fright” b-side of them is simply great. I like it as much as Recalling You”. A compilation of their material would be great!!!

Posted: 18 April 2007 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2005-12-02
[quote author=“Telekon”]The “Tears Of Fright” b-side of them is simply great. I like it as much as Recalling You”. A compilation of their material would be great!!!

I will see what I can do grin

Posted: 09 December 2007 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-12-08

Anybody still interested in information about ‘Solid State’? I use to be the singer of that group way back in the 80ts.

Posted: 11 December 2007 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  243
Joined  2005-12-04

hell yes, guess you got to be prepared for a bunch of PMs asking for records or demos… wink

well, I’m interested too, of course, already got the 2nd single though rolleyes

if there is any unreleased material from this time you wish to make public I would recommend talking with chevalier, annalogue or snowy about a release (or also about some rest-stock of records)

Signature 

Pika Pi ?

1 of 1