1 of 1
Pro One vs Prophet 600
Posted: 27 December 2010 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

I’ve got a Prophet 600 that I think is pretty cool, but have been thinking of trading it in for a Pro One.  Aside from the polyphony what are the main differences between the two?  I’ve never actually played a Pro One, only seen the demos on youtube.

Posted: 05 February 2011 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2005-12-05
Ollie_Stench - 27 December 2010 07:33 AM

I’ve got a Prophet 600 that I think is pretty cool, but have been thinking of trading it in for a Pro One.  Aside from the polyphony what are the main differences between the two?  I’ve never actually played a Pro One, only seen the demos on youtube.

i’ve never played a Pro600, but looking at the pictures, one obvious point is that there are a lot less knobs, which either means a lot less control, or a lot less direct-knob-access control… i’m guessing it’s the former? one of the things that makes the Pro1 such a diverse instrument is the extensive modulation section at the left-side of the control panel. not a lot of widely-available synths from that era offered so many modulation options….. also has a fantastic hard-sync sound + cool little sequencer that you can clock externally from an analog trigger like a 606/808

if the p600’s your only poly and you use poly sounds, you might regret the trade, otherwise if you’re just wondering which is going to be a better and more diverse sounding synth, i’ll bet Pro1 is going to make you a lot more happy

1 of 1

Korg Monotron      |     Synth ID ››