1 of 1
TRANSPARENT ILLUSION - STILL HUMAN.
Posted: 12 December 2010 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-12-11

Back in the early 80s we were involved in indie distribution in the UK, and this was one of the records that passed through our hands.  There was absolutely no interest at the time and it was impossible to sell - even to Rough Trade.

The other week I found one copy remaining in the old garage at home that served as our original warehouse.

This is currently on eBay with less than 5 hours to go and is at nothing like the inflated prices that have been quoted.  I put it for sale by auction as I have no idea what it is really worth.  It’s not a great record but it is full of fire and redolence of the time.  As Dave Hoser says in his interview on this site, It really is the sound of Teenage Angst made real.  Hearing it again their is a haunting, insidious power in it’s adolescent cry, primitive, possibly ‘art’, symbolic in a sense.

Anyway it’s definitely worth a listen and I hope it goes to a lover of minimal music, that era and its ethic.

Posted: 12 December 2010 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2010-08-27

How much did it go for? There is only one copy on ebay right now, with a buy it now button for 2499 dollars or best offer. Kind of expensive, I think, but you’ve got ten days to decide.

Posted: 13 December 2010 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSPARENT-ILLUSION-STILL-HUMAN-LP-VEX-3-1981-ORIG-/230559989177?pt=UK_Records&hash=item35ae723db9#ht_499wt_1159

$458, still more than many items but of course less than half price compared to before the reissue.

Posted: 25 December 2010 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2005-12-05

THE HOLY GRAIL OF MINIMAL TECHNO??

LOL

Posted: 25 August 2011 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-12-11

Clearing out the old family home a couple of months ago I found another original copy of this album amongst the thousands of vinyl items.

I can say with certainty (and a degree of disappointment) that this will definitely be the last.

I’ve put it on eBay (I’m selling everything) and it looks as if it will go for a bargain price but mostly I hope it goes to someone who appreciates the ethos, creativity and self-reliant determined drive of that era.  The reissue is fine but the untouchable original has the spirit and hope of someone printing and folding their own record sleeves, making a lyric sheet and striving to send out the message.

1 of 1