1 of 1
Unknown 1983 Darkwave
Posted: 11 September 2009 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-09-10

Here are a few John Peel endorsed darkwave synth trax from 1983, which I’ve been trying to identify for years.

The first is reminiscent of DAF, with some weird but great vocal sound effects, and unusual lyrics. It may be called Fantasy and some lines I have been able to identify are “It’s a Rumble” and “a million candelabras”. It can be found at  

The second is almost certainly called “Come On Yvonne” or may be “I’m not alone tonight”. It can be found at   .

Lastly is one probably called “At the End of the Day” and can be found at   .

The latter two vocally sound a bit like Thomas Leer but a little bit hoarser/angrier. All three sound like they were written by tortured souls which is why they appeal to me. They are slightly truncated to fit on to my website and if anyone is really keen I can PM the full tracks.

Anyway I thought I would describe the tracks first as there’s nothing worse than a simple “Please ID this” before knowing if you would like it. And if you can’t help then let me know if you enjoyed!

Stuart

Posted: 12 September 2009 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2005-12-11

The Singer of the first track sounds very much like Alan Vega ... but it’s not on the early Alan Vega Solo LPs (or Sucide LPs) as far as I know ...

I like the other two tracks too, but have no idea about the artists ... the last one reminds me of Zero Le Creche

Posted: 12 September 2009 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-09-10

raspberry You’re a hero! the track is called Saturn Drive and is on the album Saturn Strip. There’s a ropy sounding b & W video on YouTube from a 1983 concert.

Stuart

1 of 1

j blond      |     Favourite Industrial sleeves ››