1 of 1
Band Names…
Posted: 02 July 2009 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-04-17

Got any good (or bad) band names you’re not using. Let’s hear ‘em, people! The good, bad, and/or the ugly…

Posted: 03 July 2009 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2007-10-20

i shall never give you my band names.

rolleyes

Signature 

And so I’ll remember you,
I’ll remember the days and the thousands of ways you pulled me through,
And dream of all the things you’ve seen,
Of all the faces and all of the places you have been

Posted: 04 July 2009 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03

Do it the ExProds way:

1. Get a pencil and paper (well, the laptop will do).
2. Swithc the TV on
3. Zap frantically between stations
4. Something good will come out of this, write it down on paper or laptop.

If that’s no good, then your new band name is to be found in the right column, page 789 in the Bible, line 17 - just choose one.

Or, if you want a name that screams “minimal electronics” at everyone that hears it, use an “appropriate” song title. Webb-men, Picture 210, Maud is Dead, Never Alive, The Human Cage, I Met The Beast, Vers L’est, 45A2 People, Sensation Boys, The Alter-Ego Effect, Cold As Ever, Heimat, Trees Without Leaves, Famous Boys, Stilyagi, Riot Squad, Modern Things, The Unfamiliar Room, Sensation/ No Sensation…

All of those above will secure you a warm-up slot for Martial Canterel, although possibly at the expense of ever headlining for him.

Posted: 05 July 2009 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2009-04-17

That was a really cool answer! Thanks reactorlgtn. Taking a cue from your reply, I think perhaps the thread should be framed around peoples techniques or ideas for the process of naming a band—not just just an invitation for band-names. Though I like the list of song titles too…

Posted: 05 July 2009 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2009-02-26

I am a scientist, so I got my band name from science.  Take a name from something you’re into, it’s the easiest way; especially if you’re into something cool like science.

Lots of band names are taken from literature, that’s easy too.

Posted: 08 July 2009 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2005-12-05

I second what deathdomain says…take inspiration from something very close to you and in some way connected to the music you are making. That way a conceptual focus for your music is already at hand.

Science is a great inspiration in itself though. I have always loved the band names, album titles and themes from gerald donald (dopplereffekt, arpanet etc.)

On a related note: there was a program about the “short wave mystery” on TV the other day. i missed it, but i didnt know there was a short wave mystery outside the band. I wonder if it was about the book there appears to be or that there really is such a physical phenomena.

Signature 

Delicious toes are swimming in my soup

Posted: 29 August 2009 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2009-08-28

I always wanted call a band either ‘Interpretor’,‘Muted momerath’, or ’ Backyard Purple Poison’

Posted: 30 August 2009 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2009-02-26

This thread was already pretty stupid, but bioklastik made it awesome.

Posted: 02 September 2009 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2009-08-28

I thought I would give the straightforward response that the topic was asking of me. I would love to put these projekts to life, but they are financial pipe dreams for now. Most of those titles of band names are of personall reference, but aren’t copyrighted and are useable. If you have the creative drive and current of energy neccessary, you can bring to life any band name. I would be against picking out something empty of meaning and random. Many bands with killer names just didn’t make it because they didn’t have what it took to make the name live. And,vice versa. Many bands with the stupidest names made it because they breathed life into the projekt. raspberry

Posted: 03 September 2009 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2006-03-03
[quote author=“BioKlastik”]I would be against picking out something empty of meaning and random.

Then I am glad you were not in Experimental Products, since “New Project” is one of my absolute favorite songs by any artist ever, and you would not have released it.

Nitzer Ebb also meant nothing before it was a band name, now it means Nitzer fucking Ebb wink

Posted: 04 September 2009 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2009-08-28

If you can name your band off of a commercial, or whatever you like, then so be it if you have the creative energy to turn it into a name, like Nitzer Ebb(Which is a great band, I named my dog Nitzer after them) And you should be glad I wasn’t in Experimental products, because I would have been way to young to be playing in the band. And that wouldn’t have made it sound very good, would it? It probably wouldn’t have been your favourite song if an untrained 8O eight year old was plinking at the keyboard.

Posted: 04 September 2009 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2009-08-28

I am not trying to sound an ass-hole, Iam just saying that’personally’ I would take the name of my own band from something of some context. If you want to take something random as a name, then that is your perrogative. I think if the experimental products had named themselves something different, thety had just as much chance writing the same songs as the they did. MAybe Iam wrong. smile

Posted: 27 September 2010 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-06-30

I’ve got 100’s. They’re all pretty great I have to say! They have releases out and I do ‘minimal synth’-type charts. It’s all not very ‘real world’ but I don’t care! Twins Natalia started out as one of my made-up bands and so did Complicated Memories. And now you ca actually BUY records by them, so who knows where it will end! Here’s a few. Anyone is free to use them: PULL THE PUPPET STRINGS, LIST OF RENDEZVOUS, FACE81, PYLON TO PYLON, PLEASE CONFIRM, SPOTLIGHT ON ME, NEW WAVE OF GOODBYES, OBSCURE HIGHLIFE, LOVERS AT MULTIPLEX, THE IMMORTAL WORDS, THE BRAVE NEW WORLD OF TOMORROW, UPGRADING MYSELF…

1 of 1

Documentaries      |     bendall’s box - games today ››