1 of 6
Introduce yourself!
Posted: 06 May 2009 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  122
Joined  2005-12-27

this thread is for members old and new alike to say hello and perhaps a few words about themselves!

Posted: 06 May 2009 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  122
Joined  2005-12-27

i’ll start.
im shawn - i live in brooklyn, and play synthesizers in some bands. to pay my bills, i write indexes (mostly for medical journals) - it’s a great job for lazy, easily distracted people with negligible social skills. i also like to collect records (with strict financial limitations these days :x ) and occasionally even play them in public tongue laugh

Posted: 06 May 2009 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2008-07-04

I’m Frank, also live in Brooklyn.  I Play bass/theremin/synths for Revel Hotel (currently working on a debut EP), synths in The Hunt , and also occasionally with our boys in Blacklist.  I also dj at both Wierd and Coco66 (in Greenpoint) and dabble in writing for various blogs, websites, and publications, covering a lot of the NY minimal scene happenings for the masses. 

By day, I work aimlessly as an a/v technician for a banking firm, though I hope that will change in due time.

Ta-da!

Posted: 07 May 2009 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-30

Hello

Hey, just on here to talk to people who dig good beats. I live in St. Louis, MO. I live in the boring part of the city—- wait, St. Louis County not city! Lame.

Posted: 11 May 2009 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2007-05-06

Add another for Brooklyn. I’m Alex and just now, for dinner, I had a toasted everything bagel with nova lox, capers, and plain cream cheese which made me somewhat gassy.

It’s a pleasure to be here.

Posted: 12 May 2009 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2009-02-26

I’m Adam. I live in Baltimore, MD where I am getting my PhD in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology at Johns Hopkins.  I work on liver stage malaria.  I also collect records and analog synthesizers and drum machines.  I play in a few bands, but the only ones that have put out stuff are SIDS and Death Domain.

Posted: 19 May 2009 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-08-13

I am Sean.
I have an attitude problem which i enjoy.
I live in Ukraine and thus own none of the cool analog synths, only most cheap and common hardware.
I’m nothing special, but I sometimes write something that could qualify as music.
I also run this band .
Other than that, i like to eat and sleep and do nothing.

Signature 

<div>The lights shine clear through the sodium haze

The night draws near and daylight fades

Ignore the voices discard the day

For the brand new darkness for the bright new way</div>

Posted: 21 May 2009 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-05-20

Hi. I’m Hailey… from a little town in Louisiana…

I’ve been into this genre of music for only a couple of years (born in ‘91 so have sympathy for me).
I collect vinyl, of which I put before the necessities (ie; food)
Been frequenting this forum for quite some time now.
I’d also like to add this forum’s encyclopedic knowledge of this particular genre is indeed intimidating, however inspiring.

:wink:

Posted: 22 May 2009 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-05-06

8O

Which little town in Louisiana?

I lived in and around New Orleans for the past 15 years until I came to NY last fall. I’m always surprised to find out that not everyone in Louisiana listens to the same shit.

Posted: 25 May 2009 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2005-12-17

I live in Saint Paul but tell people I still live in Minneapolis.

I don’t really like talking about myself much.  It always sounds pretentious and assumes others care.

Posted: 27 May 2009 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2009-05-10

introduction

hello,

My name is Drew and I live in Avondale Estates, GA. I work a very, very boring job at a local museum. Sadly, I was the only person I knew who liked Suicide until I was a senior in high school.

I’ve been playing synthesizer and other junk in bands around Atlanta for about five years now, and I used to run a label. I’m in a band called High Marks these days. I try to listen to at least five recordings I’ve never heard before every week.

Posted: 06 June 2009 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-04-17

My name is Raoul; anyone here living in Arizona?

Posted: 10 June 2009 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-06-10

hi..
i m Mark - i live in brooklyn, and play synthesizers in some bands. to pay my bills, i write indexes (mostly for medical journals) - it’s a great job for lazy, easily distracted people with negligible social skills…...........

Phoenix Lipo

Posted: 12 June 2009 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-05-20

Hi soviet!

Pardon my late reply. As for as general taste goes, Louisiana manages to have the worst methinks. Anyhow, I’m currently live in Jennings (if you heard of I’d be really surprised!) however moving to Lafayette in a couple months to start college.

So 15 years in Louisiana? How did you do it 8O

Posted: 12 June 2009 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2007-06-30

born in dallas, raised all over texas but mostly in san antonio, moved to austin during my last year of high school, lived and tormented philly for 5 years, was homeless afterward in a good way… etc..  ive been in nyc for 6 now and couldnt be happier. thanks teachyou2die, snowy, and others!  :o

Posted: 13 June 2009 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-05-06

I just looked up Jennings and all I can say is, I’m sorry. Well at least you’re getting out soon. But Lafayette… Ah, I guess it’s a slight improvement. Really though, it’s best to just escape if you have the option.

As for your question, it wasn’t easy. School is what kept me there, though it was totally unnecessary.

Well, hang in there…

1 of 6