6 of 6
Introduce yourself!
Posted: 21 January 2013 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-12-01

Hi I’m Josh,
from phoenix arizona. I work as a financial advisor, I do poster artwork for events here in town-do shows sometimes, and I also play in a few projects for fun. nothing serious, most shows are low key-house shows/warehouses/dive-bars, etc. i really like the MWT comps a lot. I’m into a lot of different stuff, i got one of those ikea shelves that are really good for records. my record collection isn’t very exclusive to certain sounds, i just like what i like, and i like listening to the records that i enjoy playing over and over and over again - so my collection isnt alphabetized. i’ve been told its weird, ill try explaining it because its pointless, and you might hate me after you read it, its weird..i guess..

each cubby holds records a “vibe” that continues it onto another, there’s no start-you can start anywhere, but if you started at the top left.. it’ll look something like….fela kuti-afrobeat comps/high life comps, turkish-indonesian-brazillian psych comps-etc (there’s so many that came out), world pop comps, a lot of sublime frequencies releases, king tubby-congos-70’s dub (old ska comps), can-klaus-kraftwerk, robert fripp-eno, hawkwind-13th floor elevators-love, nuggets records comps-ty segal, jay reatard-black flag-stooges, the spits-marked men, inmates-dropdead-mind eraser, napalm death-godflesh-swans, joy division-christian death-blessure grave-cure-siouxie, minimal synth comps and other recs, weird culty black metal records-servile sect-nacthmystium, mayhem-venom, stuff like ‘hell bent for leather’ and merciful fate’s ‘dont break the oath are right around here (because i love that shit) into random noise records (that i got at weird noise shows) - then that goes into lightning bolt, then it gets sorta happy and then i got like hall n oats, the police n all that shit. i dig that shit too.

i listed a lot of old bands but there’s a good amount of new bands, a lot of CDs too, tapes, etc. i got too much, i have to purge every now and then, but its not like its an episode of hoarders or anything. i just have so much of a lot of different stuff-i had to figure out how to remember what i got, because i really like all my records.

anyways, thanks

6 of 6