1 of 1
verschwende deine jugend
Posted: 17 January 2008 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2005-12-13

i’m looking for an english subtitle file for a movie verschwende deine jugend, which is supposed to be about early days of DAF and NDW. it’s not a documentary, but some of the main characters in the movie represent gabi delgado and robert goerl. here’s the info on the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327227/
i have it on dvx but cannot find subs anywhere, please anyone? thanx a lot in advance!  smile

Posted: 04 March 2008 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2005-12-25

Re: verschwende deine jugend

I’ve heard about this, there may not *be* an english sub.  I’d be very interested in obtaining the dvx though… PM me?

[quote author=“alone”]i’m looking for an english subtitle file for a movie verschwende deine jugend, which is supposed to be about early days of DAF and NDW. it’s not a documentary, but some of the main characters in the movie represent gabi delgado and robert goerl. here’s the info on the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327227/
i have it on dvx but cannot find subs anywhere, please anyone? thanx a lot in advance!  smile

Signature 

b l e a k

Posted: 05 March 2008 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2005-12-04

i would also like to watch this finally with some subtitles, in english, french or any slavonic language.
Perhaps there is an edition like this from Arte TV?

Signature 

D’un sillon l’autre…

Posted: 11 March 2008 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2005-12-13

i saw on amazon that people complained that the dvd didn’t include subtitles [except german subs]. and the film company doesn’t seem to care about the non-german speakers, even treir official website is in germain only. but on the other hand, it seems that it was released or screened in australia, under a different name - ‘play it loud!’. my friend who dl’d it for me still hadn’t found any subs… it’s sad because the movie looks GREAT, those actors are really close to gabi and robert. i’ll let you know if we find the subs!

ps
ok futility, check your pm :wink:

Posted: 24 March 2008 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2007-03-04

No chance anyone would be interested in sharing? I’d love to see this.

Posted: 30 March 2008 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2005-12-13

i asked my friend about the url, but he said he downloaded it from emule, and that he found it without any trouble and downloaded it fast. it would be of no use to share it from serbia, because we don’t have good upload, it would literally take ages. but try emule, you should find it. if someone wants this movie but cannot find it, i can send it to you on a cdr, if that’s any good?

hey echo frau, would serbian subtitle be good enough for you? i might force one german speaking friend who is ndw fan to translate it wink

Posted: 30 March 2008 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2005-12-04

Hey alone!

If serbian subtitles, this would be perfect!

Signature 

D’un sillon l’autre…

Posted: 31 March 2008 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2005-12-13

i’ll see what i can do :wink:

Posted: 31 July 2010 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2007-02-03

sorry for bumpin an old topic but this movie is really awesome! i’ve just finished watching it. can you imagine a movie where GORILLA AKTIV is mentioned? i couldn’t before i watched this.

i can share russian subs if it makes sense for anyone here

Posted: 14 September 2010 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-09-13

I need subtitles for this movie. Any language, russian would be good one. If somebody have them, please send me to:

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

I really want to watch this movie, I wait for this for years.

Posted: 19 August 2011 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2006-07-03

well I think not understanding the dialogues actually helps a lot for liking the film.

if you’re looking for a shallow teen movie in a cliche ndw setting it is perfect, but if you like to find out anything about that period and the people that goes beyond a few written off names and misunderstood statements all copied from juergen teipel’s book also named after the daf song this is not your film. I was angry and dissappointed watching it.

for ndw underground weirdness i recommend “die letzte rache” from 82 which it’s released on DVD with subtitels and features music and members of der plan and andreas dorau, too. great mixture of greek tragedy, brecht theatre, caligari on lsd and gdr fary tales. here‘s a snippet

i also enjoyed the austrian “cafe malaria” released 82. sorry no subs and austrian dialect doesn’t make understanding easier. anyway, the story and the jokes didn’t age that well, but it has a wonderful fun austro (mostly) underground ndw(nöw?) soundtrack and it’s available on DVD. the film is a bit like a provincial town slapstick version of liquid sky but unfortunately without aliens, heroin or gender studies ideas. this is one of the many great songs played in cafe malaria

there is one ndw documentation that i’m really looking for. i saw it more than 10 years ago on crappy vhs copy and am looking for it since - “dreiklangsdimensionen” from 81 by bavarian state tv “br”. you probably know lorenz lorenz (once in a band with tommie eckart from gorilla aktiv). this is his infamous “3 minuten ei” which was part of that show and tranlsates 3 minutes egg or 3 minutes “ay”. before that he tells more truth about underground ndw in 2 minutes than there is in that film “verschwende deine jugend”. you can watch that here.
“we modern artists are the antipole to the emotional slapping of any bygone era or culture. we think, that even if we’re a staircase wit of history we want to laugh about it.”

Posted: 25 September 2011 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2005-12-06
plastikfinken - 19 August 2011 10:50 AM

there is one ndw documentation that i’m really looking for. i saw it more than 10 years ago on crappy vhs copy and am looking for it since - “dreiklangsdimensionen” from 81 by bavarian state tv “br”.

I have that documentary, but only on VHS…
I recorded it several years ago and it is really really great !!!

I only have 1 VHS recorder, so I can’t copy it at the moment, but I will try to find somebody who can convert it to DVD

Let’s see, what I can do

Signature 

NEON-WELT Parties & Konzerte

Posted: 07 December 2011 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-01-14

I agree with Plastikfinken, some german friends translated most of “verschwende deine jugend” while watching it - but it wasn’t even that funny and seemed to everyone a teenager movie…

I’ll look forward to find a copy of Der Plan’s movie, i’m not that much into their weird musical style (i just can’t stand oddities and weirdness innk

I have a title that could be of intrest in here : NuclearVision cover_video_nuclear.jpg

here a little scene from youtube, you might recognize the song because is very"our” :D :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q_UnuiGKY4&feature=player_embedded

I haven’t seen it but it totally screams cult :D

(if you don’t find it or you have troubles, just PM me -)

1 of 1

Record Store Cats      |     J.G. Ballard ››